AnsweredAssumed Answered

Would current Agilent foam pad 85054-80023 fit this old 85054B N cal kit?

Question asked by drkirkby on Mar 7, 2013
I want to buy an 85054B 18 GHz N cal kit. I can't possiblly afford to buy a new one from Agilent. At this moment I do not have a company set up, so all purchases are from my own bank account, which does not stretch to buying such an expensive calibration kit from Agilent. 

I have been offered a used 85054B. But at no great surprise, the foam is breaking up! This appears to be an old version of the 85054B, as it has low-band loads not broadband loads. 

I'd like to know if I purchased the bottom foam section new from Agilent (P/N 85054-80023) 
section whether the components from this kit would fit. 

I'm reluctantant to ask Agilent UK, as the information I got from them about the foam for the 85052B cal kit was less than helpful, resuled in me buying something that was useless to me. 

I've attached pictures of this 85054B kit. Clearly it is not in good condition, but the option might exist of replacing the load with broadband loads and replacing the foam with new and getting  a useable cal kit at a reasonable price. 

Any general comments about a cal kit of this are are welcome. I'd obviously want to see better photos first, but potentially this could be useful to me, but I'm a bit concerned about and and condition. 

Dave  

Outcomes