AnsweredAssumed Answered

33522A LabVIEW Problem

Question asked by Ratchet on Apr 26, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 by Joshwa
I'm trying to control the 33522A function generator using the LabVIEW drivers provided on the National Instruments website. Right now I'm just running one of the example VIs in order to make sure I understand how everything works before integrating it into my project. When I first start up the function generator I can see it in MAX and the VI runs fine. However, after I stop the VI and try to run it again MAX can no longer see it and LabVIEW starts giving me errors until I cycle the power. The first time I try to run it after a successful run it gives me the following error: VISA: (HEX 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed. and every time I try to run it after that it gives me a different error: VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device is not present in the system. I can still see it in the Windows Device Manager, but MAX can't see it and LabVIEW won't interact with it until I cycle the power.

I'm running LabVIEW 2009 SP1 (32-bit) on Windows 7. I've also tried running it on another computer with pretty much the same setup but newer versions of some of the modules (but the same driver which can be found at the link below) and experienced exactly the same problem.

Driver link:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=17973

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Outcomes