AnsweredAssumed Answered

PNA-X Multiple Receiver Power Calibration in SCPI

Question asked by andyTPE on Oct 10, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2012 by Dr_joel
Hello PNA-Xers,

I am struggling to find a way to perform a receiver response calibration on two receivers in the same channel.  I am running a 4 port N5242A with A.09.50.13.

Here is the scenario:
Assume I have Port1 as the drive port and I want to measure power at Ports 2 and 3.
I have a standard SPAR channel setup with a LIN frequency sweep and B,1 and C,1 traces
I have performed a source power cal on Port 1 via SCPI

Now for the RX power cals - in pseudo code:

calc1:par:sel 'C1T1'                                                     // Select B,1 trace
sens1:corr:coll:meth RPOWER                                   // set cal method
sens1:corr:coll:acq POWER,SST1,ASYN;*OPC           // initiate the coll
poll pna for esr=1
sens1:corr:coll:save                                                   // applies the correction to the trace

calc1:par:sel 'C1T2'                                                     // Select C,1 trace
sens1:corr:coll:meth RPOWER                                   // set cal method
sens1:corr:coll:acq POWER,SST1,ASYN;*OPC           // initiate the coll
poll pna for esr=1
sens1:corr:coll:save                                                   // applies the correction to the trace

The only problem is that when the C,1 correction is applied, the B,1 correction is lost.  The help file says that before using the command you must select a measurement using calc:par:sel - which I do.  Worryingly the help also mentions 'You can select one measurement for each channel.' - not sure how I should interpret that (one trace selected at any one time).

I can manage to have both traces calibrated from the GUI - perform the RX response cals in succession and then save as a calset.  But I am struggling to find a suitable combination of commands in SCPI.  (Life was easier in 2 port world :) )

I think my question really breaks down to what command combination I need to apply and save the two Response() calibrations to their appropriate traces.....

Thanks

andy  

Outcomes