AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating an XY chart in excel

Question asked by cwilson03 on Apr 2, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2010 by UndeadBob
Hello, I am using version 7.5 and trying to use the CreateXYChart user object from the excel menu to create a chart.  I am getting a VEE Run Time Error

"Error with line chart settings Names array.  Probably cause is array not as large as data array. Also verify if you selected logarithmic, there are no negative data values"

I haven't selected logarithmic.  To select the data for the chart, I am using the xlLib.DataFromCells function to pull data from an excel spreadsheet.  My input to that function is text of the form  A23:F423.

I get that same error for any range of input columns I try except when I use A23:B423.  In that case, no error shows up, but when I look at the plot nothing is visible.  When I check its source data, it seems to be using only a single point: A423 for the x data and B423 for the y data instead of plotting all 401 data points.

Any ideas as to what the problem is here or what I can do to fix it.  I've looked at the example program for creating an xyChart and I don't see many differences between that example and what I'm trying to do.

Thank you for your assistance!  

Outcomes