AnsweredAssumed Answered

AW: vrf USB-GPIB converter 82357B not working under Win2000SP4

Question asked by VRFuser on Sep 23, 2008
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2008 by VRFuser
Thats right. I try to install that driver version and it told me that I do need iolib14.2...but 15 is installed.

So at the end the problem starts from the beginning. There is a bug with iolib15 and windows2000 SP4 and 82357B....

I do believe that if I do install XP on this machine, it will run...
But unfortunately it is a production machine....

So please do check B version with win2000SP4 german version at Agilent IO Department I do use the "A" version instead ..so that my problem is solved.

Thanks,
detlef

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: TAN,THONG-LIN (A-Malaysia,ex1) [mailto:thong-lin_tan@agilent.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. September 2008 15:41
An: VRF
Betreff: RE: [vrf] USB-GPIB converter 82357B not working under Win2000SP4

Hi Detlef,

Hope this is help.

The 82357B is compatible with Agilent IO Libraries Suite 15.0, and it does NOT require 82357B driver to be installed like what users have to do while using Agilent IO Libraries 14.2. Agilent IO Libraries Suite 15.0 will automatically detect the 82357B without requiring a separate driver installation. The 82357B and IO Lib Suite 15.0 do support Windows 2000 Pro (SP4 or later).

Regards,
Thong Lin

-----Original Message-----
From: Gallmayer, Jochen [mailto:j.gallmayer@lxinstruments.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:25 PM
To: PDL-LISTS,VRF (A-Lists,unix1)
Subject: AW: [vrf] USB-GPIB converter 82357B not working under Win2000SP4

If you go to www.agilent.com and search for 82357B then the second hit is "82357B Installation Driver" for XP.
If the driver is not correct installed and visibile in Control-Panel-> System then it cant work in the iolibraries.

Von: Baranski, Detlef [mailto:Detlef.Baranski@pilkington.de]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. September 2008 13:04
An: VRF
Betreff: AW: [vrf] USB-GPIB converter 82357B not working under Win2000SP4

Let me check ...
There are 2 CD described in the manual, but within the package list there is just one CD with IOlib15.
So question to Agilent:
IS the B driver included in Iolib15 ?
During my installation , it did find the B version, but afterwards it says that the driver installation is not perfect.
IS there an extra driver on the automation CD ?

I did not recognize anything like this with XP , but anyhow....
Thanks for your hints,
detlef

Von: Cengiz Taftalý [mailto:cengiz.taftali@arcelik.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. September 2008 12:46
An: Baranski, Detlef
Betreff: RE: [vrf] USB-GPIB converter 82357B not working under Win2000SP4

Did you reach 82357b CD, It has its own drivers.
Is there any policy on your usb

-----Original Message-----
From: Baranski, Detlef [mailto:Detlef.Baranski@pilkington.de]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:15 PM
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] USB-GPIB converter 82357B not working under Win2000SP4

Not VEE specific, but perhaps may help someone ....

After destroying 2 of my laptops because of bad seriel com connection, i had to migrate to win 2000 sp4 computer.
I do have big problems with 82357 B type USB to GPIB converter. IOlib 15 hangs during instrument verification.
Version 82357 A runs perfect instead.. cost me some hours and was driving me nuts...
FYI
detlef

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail (inkl. aller Anlagen) ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den Adressaten bestimmt. Jede Art der Verbreitung, Nutzung oder Vervielfältigung ist untersagt. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und löschen die E-Mail.

Unternehmensangaben der Gesellschaften mit Sitz in Deutschland:

Pilkington Holding GmbH, Haydnstraße 19, 45884 Gelsenkirchen
Sitz: Gelsenkirchen, Amtsgericht Gelsenkirchen HRB 8997
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Clemens Miller (Vorsitz), Jochen Settelmayer, Thomas Kretschmann, Robert Hales Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Axel Wiesener

Pilkington Deutschland AG, Haydnstraße 19, 45884 Gelsenkirchen         
Sitz: Gelsenkirchen, Amtsgericht Gelsenkirchen HRB 2707
Vorstand: Dr. Clemens Miller, Jochen Settelmayer Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Axel Wiesener

Pilkington Automotive Deutschland GmbH, Otto-Seeling-Straße 7, 58455 Witten
Sitz: Witten, Amtsgericht Bochum HRB 8443
Geschäftsführung: Thomas Kretschmann
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jochen Settelmayer

Bauglasindustrie GmbH, Hüttenstraße 33, 66839 Schmelz / Saar
Sitz: Schmelz / Saar, Amtsgericht Saarbrücken HRB 52020
Geschäftsführung: Manfred Ebbers

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: cengiz.taftali@arcelik.com To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "http://www.vrfarchive.com/vrf_archive".
Search the Agilent vrf archive at "http://vee.engineering.agilent.com".
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bu e-posta mesaji kisiye ozel olup, gizli bilgiler iceriyor olabilir. Eger bu e-posta mesaji size yanlislikla ulasmissa,  icerigini hic bir sekilde kullanmayiniz ve ekli dosyalari acmayiniz. Bu durumda lutfen e-posta mesajini kullaniciya hemen geri gonderiniz  ve  tum kopyalarini mesaj kutunuzdan siliniz. Bu e-posta mesaji, hic bir sekilde, herhangi bir amac icin cogaltilamaz, yayinlanamaz ve para karsiligi satilamaz.  Bu e-posta mesaji viruslere karsi anti-virus sistemleri tarafindan taranmistir. Ancak yollayici, bu e-posta mesajinin - virus koruma sistemleri ile kontrol ediliyor olsa bile - virus icermedigini garanti etmez ve meydana gelebilecek zararlardan dogacak hicbir sorumlulugu kabul etmez.
This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed , and may contain confidential  information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or you receive this mail in error, you should refrain from making any use of the contents and from opening any attachment. In that case, please notify the sender immediately and return the message to the sender, then, delete and destroy all copies. This e-mail message, can not be copied, published or sold for any reason. This e-mail message has been swept by anti-virus systems for the presence of computer viruses. In doing so, however,  sender  cannot warrant that virus or other forms of data corruption may not be present and do not take any responsibility in any occurrence.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail (inkl. aller Anlagen) ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den Adressaten bestimmt. Jede Art der Verbreitung, Nutzung oder Vervielfältigung ist untersagt. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und löschen die E-Mail.

Geschäftsführung: Dr. Clemens Miller (Vorsitz), Jochen Settelmayer, Thomas Kretschmann, Robert Hales Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Axel Wiesener

Vorstand: Dr. Clemens Miller, Jochen Settelmayer Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Axel Wiesener

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: j.gallmayer@lxinstruments.com To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: thong-lin_tan@agilent.com To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: Detlef.Baranski@pilkington.de To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: hua_jing@agilent.com To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.

Outcomes