AnsweredAssumed Answered

Older Versions of VEE under Windows 7

Question asked by paulsylvester on Jun 20, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2011 by paulsylvester
Hi All,

I have inherited a large collection of VEE programs written in 6.0 and 8.0 with many libraries written in 6.0.  And for most of this, there is almost no documentation.  All this BS about VEE being self documenting is worse than what a used car salesman tells you.  Even the best coded algorithm means nothing if you have no idea what the algorithm does or why it is the way that it is.  I spend more time reverse engineering jumbled up code than I do adding features or adapting to changed requirements.... and you guessed it, there are no documented requirements either!

Anyway, we are being pushed hard to upgrade to Windows 7 but there are not enough hours in the day to convert everything over to 9.2.  I know that there are hidden problems with booleans in the VEE 6 libraries I have as it is.

I have tried searching the forum here to see what VEE versions will run but frankly, the search function here leaves much to be desired.  It could be just me but I don't think so.

So, plain and simple, can I run VEE 6 and VEE 8 under Windows 7?  Or do I need to put the brakes on at IT?

Paul  

Outcomes