AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calibration Adjustment of E1340A VXI Card

Question asked by simontrillo on Jul 14, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 by lhornburg
I don't know if anyone can help me with this problem. I have a E1340A that I need to adjust on DC output. Although the unit is in spec all of the readings are a bit high and I want to try and get them a bit closer to nominal.

I have carried out the cal procedure in the service manual and that just seems to compare the actual output to the programmed output and does not adjust it if it is within the spec of the unit. I have run through the adjustment procedure several times and it does not seem to alter the output accuracy.

I have another unit that reports back a "222" error code when I do point 1 of the adjustment routine. Once this happens the unit will no longer respond to any command other than *RST. I have noticed that the output voltage of this unit at point 1 is different to the other unit I have. What does this mean?

Does anyone know if there is a way to "force" the unit to adjust the calibration constants so that I can get the readings closer to nominal.

Any help would be appreciated. I have been pulling my hair out for days on this now!!!

Many Thanks

Simon.  

Outcomes