AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Merging Vee Programs from different sources: Reconc ilin g Direct IOs

Question asked by kathy_wright_ca on Apr 1, 2004
<DIV>You do  not want to just change the name in the property.  That's generally a bad practiuce becuase you make more for your self in the first place, and then you mask and make it harder to detect which instrument it is really talking to.  To determine which instrument it is talking to , look right_Mouse_Button, Show Config ....</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>The clean this up, I would get all the direct IO's in the same program/library.  When they are loaded, the instrument manager will ntoice if there is a new name, and ask you if you want to add it to the list.  Say yes.  Once you have all 5? in the list, determine which one you want to keep, then systematically go thorugh and find wherever the others ones are called out.  Change to the one you want using Show Config  ....  Once you have eliminated all occurrances for the 4 you don't want, to can remove them from the instrument manager (be sure to save it).  As an added test, you can exit VEE, reload the program.  If it pops up any of the 4 bad names, you missed one.  just repeat the process until it loads cleanly.</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>-- Kathy Wright</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>Senior Test Engineer</DIV><DIV>endwave corporation<BR><BR><B><I>"Goldberg, Mark" |Mark.Goldberg@ATK.COM></I></B> wrote:</DIV><BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Joel,<BR><BR>in that case you can just change the name and address in the properties of<BR>the objects and remove all the unused names from the instrument manager.<BR><BR>Mark<BR><BR>-----Original Message-----<BR>From: joel_dunsmore@agilent.com [mailto:joel_dunsmore@agilent.com]<BR>Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 10:07 AM<BR>To: Goldberg, Mark; vrf@agilent.com<BR>Subject: RE: [vrf] RE: Merging Vee Programs from different sources:<BR>Reconcilin g Direct IOs<BR><BR><BR>Hello Mark,<BR>Not quite. What I want, just for cleanlyness sake, is to reconcile<BR>all the IO names to just one (like VNA @ 716).<BR>Right now they are all different, and I have 5 different names. Your<BR>suggestion would be good if I was going to change the <BR>address (I've done that before) but right now, I just want to get all the<BR>names the same, and see only one item at 716 in my Instrument manager.<BR><BR>Joel<BR><BR>-----Original Message-----<BR>From: Goldberg, Mark [mailto:Mark.Goldberg@ATK.COM]<BR>Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 10:01 AM<BR>To: PDL-LISTS,VRF (A-Lists,unix1)<BR>Subject: [vrf] RE: Merging Vee Programs from different sources:<BR>Reconcilin g Direct IOs<BR><BR><BR>Joel,<BR><BR>If I follow you correctly you want to keep all the objects and just get rid<BR>of the names in the instrument manager. If that is what you have in mind you<BR>could setup all the boxes to have control inputs and drive them with an<BR>array of the different parameters. That way if you ever have to run it on<BR>the 1416 addy you could just add that to the inst mgr and change the<BR>settings array. That way you can accommodate all the different<BR>configurations and still only have one device in the inst mag.<BR><BR>Hope that was clear?<BR><BR>Mark<BR><BR>-----Original Message-----<BR>From: DUNSMORE,JOEL (A-Sonoma,ex1) [mailto:joel_dunsmore@agilent.com]<BR>Sent: Thursday, Apr il 01, 2004 9:48 AM<BR>To: VRF<BR>Subject: [vrf] Merging Vee Programs from different sources: Reconciling<BR>Direct IOs<BR><BR><BR>Hi all, <BR>I'm trying to merge two different programs from two different<BR>sources, which drive network analyzers.<BR>In one program, it has two direct IO blocks, both GPIB 716, one labeled VNA,<BR>one labled Network analyzer.<BR><BR>In the other program, I have 3 direct IO blocks, GPIB 716, one labeld PNA,<BR>one PNA1 and one NetworkAnalyzer1.<BR><BR>Since all of these drive the same network analyzer, I want to get rid of all<BR>but one. I haven't been able to figure<BR>out a way to do it, short of replacing them one at a time in each place they<BR>occur in the program. Any ideas? <BR><BR>To make it more interesting, several of the ones labeled NetworkAnalyezer in<BR>the IO manager have labeles in the VEE<BR>program of PNA (@ 1416) which I assume because sometime in the past they<BR>were hooked up with an NI card.<BR><BR>Thanks, Joel<BR><BR>---<BR>Yo u are currently subscribed to vrf as: Mark.Goldberg@ATK.COM<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to<BR>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: joel_dunsmore@agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to<BR>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: kathy_wright_ca@yahoo.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BLOCKQUOTE>---You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.comTo subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  

Outcomes