AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf NI DAQ Card 6715 - PCMCIA

Question asked by warren.pickles on Sep 6, 2005
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2005 by warren.pickles
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><TITLE>NI DAQ Card 6715 - PCMCIA</TITLE><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2722" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=780574815-06092005>Alan,</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=780574815-06092005>I have a PCI 6036E NI-DAQ.  I have implemented some of its functionality in VEE.  Specifically basic digital IO and high-level analog IO.  </SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=780574815-06092005>I started off trying to use the dot-net stuff that comes with the software, but I found the documentation opaque.  Tried using the ActiveX control but lost patience.  In the end I did it "the old way" using what NI call "Traditional NI-DAQ Software", which is a dll containing a bunch of functions for interfacing to the card.  Once I'd found the dll and the C header it was a doddle to write a "VEE-style" header file and import the dll.  Worked fine.  I can send you example code if you want it, but it's nearly five and the sun is out so will have to wait unitl the morn.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=780574815-06092005>Regards,</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=780574815-06092005>Warren</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=780574815-06092005></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><BLOCKQUOTE>  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma   size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Jenkins, Alan   [mailto:jenkinsa@tycoelectronics.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> 06 September 2005   16:34<BR><B>To:</B> VRF<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] NI DAQ Card 6715 -   PCMCIA<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->  <P align=left><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Dear   VRF,</FONT></SPAN><SPAN lang=en-us></SPAN><SPAN lang=en-us></SPAN></P>  <P align=left><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Does anyone have sample   code or experience of interfacing to an NI DAQ card,</FONT></SPAN><SPAN   lang=en-us></SPAN><SPAN lang=en-us> <FONT face=Arial   size=2>specifically</FONT></SPAN><SPAN lang=en-us></SPAN><SPAN   lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT></SPAN><SPAN lang=en-us></SPAN><SPAN   lang=en-us> <FONT face=Arial size=2>a PCMCIA one?</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P align=left><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Cheers</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P align=left><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Alan</FONT></SPAN><SPAN   lang=en-us></SPAN><SPAN lang=en-us></SPAN></P><BR>--- <BR>You are currently   subscribed to vrf as: Warren.Pickles@tycoelectronics.com <BR>To subscribe send   a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>To unsubscribe send a   blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>To send messages to   this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the   mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>Search   the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/". </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes