AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf VRF CCD Imaging and Lens Testing

Question asked by rsb on Jun 10, 2005
"Estrin, Stephen <> wrote:
> A CCD sensor in a camera in place of film, I think they call it a
> DIGITAL camera

not really- it means removing the film camera back and replacing
it with a digital camera back. henc same camera/lens/etc but
choice of film ( typically for final shots) and digital
( typically for preview ).
> Just kidding! I did a Google search on CCD sensor replacements for film
> and found a site where they discussed that Canon might possibly be
> looking at something like that, but it kind of implied that cuurently
> something like that doesn't exist.

Interchangeable digital camera backs are not uncommon for medium and
large format cameras- so it seems not unlikely that they would be
available for 35mm also.


Stan Bischof  Agilent Technologies  707-577-3994

You are currently subscribed to vrf as:
To subscribe send a blank email to "".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "".