AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Syntax problem writing to GPIB

Question asked by VRFuser on Aug 9, 2005
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12"><TITLE>RE: [vrf] Syntax problem writing to GPIB</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>It works now....</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks for all your help Pat, Warren and Michael.</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks and All The Best</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Alon Ashton</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Michael Asbery [<A HREF="mailto:michael.asbery@nrl.navy.mil">mailto:michael.asbery@nrl.navy.mil</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 4:14 PM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: VRF</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: RE: [vrf] Syntax problem writing to GPIB</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Alon,</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Instead of specifying the filename in your transaction - specify the whole phrase.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Thus change your formula to : "MMEM:STOR ""+A+B+"""</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>And remove the quotes from the directory and filename.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>For the transaction : Write inst text a</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Where a is an input terminal.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Hope this helps,</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Mike</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>***********************************************************</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Michael N. Asbery                (202)404-3014, DSN 754</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>US Naval Research Laboratory      fax (202)404-7661</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Code 5733.20                    michael.asbery@nrl.navy.mil</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>4555 Overlook Ave SW</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Washington DC 20375                                     </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>***********************************************************</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Pickles, Warren [<A HREF="mailto:Warren.Pickles@tycoelectronics.com">mailto:Warren.Pickles@tycoelectronics.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 9:02 AM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: VRF</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: RE: [vrf] Syntax problem writing to GPIB</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Alon,</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>I think you need to use a back-slash not a forward-slash in the file path.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>i.e.  not /</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Regards,</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Warren</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Alon Ashton [<A HREF="mailto:alonas@rit.co.il">mailto:alonas@rit.co.il</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: 09 August 2005 14:21</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: VRF</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: [vrf] Syntax problem writing to GPIB</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Hi All</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>I'm using a "MultiInstrument Direct I/O" block to control my Agilent E5070B Network Analyzer through GPIB.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>I have a syntax problem writing to GPIB, Attached Is a file with the problem.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>The upper "MultiInstrument Direct I/O" block works great, but is not comfortable to use.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>So I got out the File_Name & Directory from the "MultiInstrument Direct I/O" block but It seems that they don't send the same string</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>to the GPIB.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Can someone help me fix the second "MultiInstrument Direct I/O" block so it will work like the first one?</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>||Test.vee>></FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks and All The Best</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Alon Ashton</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>---</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: Warren.Pickles@tycoelectronics.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>---</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: michael.asbery@nrl.navy.mil</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT></P><BR><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>---</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: alonas@rit.co.il</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT></P><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes