AnsweredAssumed Answered

EEPROM back up disk Verification

Question asked by SOLT_guy on Apr 28, 2012
Latest reply on May 25, 2012 by SOLT_guy
Dear Sir:

When I bought my network analyzer (8753C) an EEPROM back up disk (floppy disk) was shipped with my network analyzer.

When I attempt to look at the disk in a Windows O/S based environment, Windows cannot read the disk.  It can't even tell me what files are on the disk.   Windows keeps requesting that I format the disk.

I am hoping that my disk is not damaged or corrupted.   

Since the disk is very old - this NA was in its "heyday" before the desktop PC became an integretated unit (HP sold separate disk drives, HP9122, for its computers), I am hoping that the reason why I can't read from the disk is because the file format may be incompatible with the Windows environment.  

Can you tell me the file types that are on a typical EEPROM disk (*.LIF ? or other) and can Windows actually read the filenames that are on the disk (I realize that this question may appear to be simple to answer for a person who has had prior access to many NA EEPROM floppy disks but I can't read from my disk, therefore, I have no way of being certain what file types are on the disk and I don't have access to various NA EEPROM floppy disks).    

Also, can you tell me if there is a way I can determine if the disk is good without having to go out and buy an old disk drive?

I have access to a 8753D NA which has a built in disk drive.  Can I use this disk drive to determine if my disk is still good?  If the answer is yes, can you tell me some of the filenames that I will see on the disk,  if the 8753D can read from the 8753C EEPROM disk (this is just a check so that I know that everything is OK with this method)?

Thank you for your past replies and I look forward to reading your next reply.

Edited by: SOLT_guy on Apr 28, 2012 10:21 PM

Edited by: SOLT_guy on Apr 29, 2012 1:01 PM

Edited by: SOLT_guy on Apr 29, 2012 1:07 PM  

Outcomes