AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Equipment Plotters

Question asked by VRFuser on Feb 2, 2006
Hello Michael,

If you can live with a Centronics printer, you might take a look at the Microprint 45CH or 50A GPIB to Centronics converters from Intelligent Interfaces.  We have heard of people using these interfaces with quite a few network analyzers successfully to use some "modern" printers.  They also have a printer compatibility page on their website.

http://www.intelligentinterfaces.com/products.html

O.J.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Asbery [mailto:michael.asbery@nrl.navy.mil]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:11 AM
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] Equipment Plotters

Hi All,

This is slightly off topic but I was wondering if anyone knows of a device that I could hook between a spectrum analyzer and a usb printer.  I want to be able to use the print button on the SA and have the HPGL output on the GPIB connector go to a modern printer.
All my old HP pen plotters and thinkjets have died.  I also have an assortment of oscilloscopes and network analyzers and ... all supporting gpib plotters. I know I could write a program in VEE to generate these displays (and I have done this for a couple of
instruments) but some of my coworkers just want to eliminate the computer and use a printer/plotter like they always have.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Michael N. Asbery                (202)404-3014, DSN 754
US Naval Research Laboratory      fax (202)404-7661
Code 5733.20                    michael.asbery@nrl.navy.mil
4555 Overlook Ave SW
Washington DC 20375                                    

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: oj_danzy@agilent.com To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

---
To subscribe send an email request to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

Outcomes