AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf VRF error in direct I/O

Question asked by tw on Nov 21, 2005
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000" leftMargin=5 topMargin=5><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000">hello,</DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000">I have 16 participants on the external bus. I communicate over serial adress RS 485 commands.</DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000">Each process is in a endless loop and they are working parallel. </DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000">The job of a process is reading out of values and write them in a display.</DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000">I defined a user function communication and each process uses this function.</DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000">In the 'direct I/O' is a write command and a read command. </DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000">My question is how can I be sure, that when one communication ends with a error, this function is ready for the other processes or what is when the answer from one comes when a other process waits for the answer... </DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000">How protect the system with several parallel working 'direct I/O' the controlling ?</DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000">Is a from all used 'user function'(direct I/O) allways clear inside the buffer ?</DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000"> </DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000">Thomas </DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; COLOR: #000000"> </DIV><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes