AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Windows 64bit and VEE7.5 & IO library

Question asked by VRFuser on Jun 15, 2005
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2654.45"><TITLE>RE: [vrf] VEE altering program  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>Sequencing thru junctions has worked so well for me for so long that I'll continue to do it even if Agilent puts the kabash on it.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Furthermore, I don't see how junction and goto are anything alike. My VEE code is neat, clean and readable *because* I use junctions.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Not that my code is littered with such, just that when it's needed it's needed...</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>AFAIC, there's nothing wrong with sequencing thru junctions. But then again, I also break the ridiculous code-should-never-be-bigger-than-the-screen rule.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>-Bill</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>> -----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> From: Shawn Fessenden [<A HREF="mailto:shawn@testech-ltd.com">mailto:shawn@testech-ltd.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 1:28 PM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> To: VRF</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Subject: RE: [vrf] VEE altering program !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> > I've always thought that Junctions</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> > on Sequence lines are a bit like</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> > using GOTO statements.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> I agree, and I also worship at the alter of no-goto. That's </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> the source of my</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> personal distaste. But, be that as it may, it looks like we </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> really do need</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> some guidance on whether or not it's technically incorrect as </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> far as VEE is</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> concerned.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> I did eventually find many references in the archive that </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> seem to imply it</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> could be a technical no-no, but nothing explicitly saying </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> don't do it -</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> except from me.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Greg did say that "use of feedback in this fashion can confuse the VEE</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> engine" </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> (<A HREF="http://www.oswegosw.dnsalias.com/SearchVRF.php?mi=603" TARGET="_blank">http://www.oswegosw.dnsalias.com/SearchVRF.php?mi=603</A>), but he</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> never explicitly said what that was. The implication was </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> "Illegal use of</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> junction inside feedback cycles" which does not explicitly </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> mean sequence</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> connected to junction.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> It's still an open question and I'd love to find a definitive answer.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> On an unrelated note, I can't access Network Solutions' DNS </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> page anymore and</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> I have to change oswegosw.com's IP. I'm modifying the search </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> script to use</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> the dnsalias address until this is sorted out (I never </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> realized that it</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> never did work that way). First the cable and now the DNS! Why me?</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> -SHAWN-</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> ---</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> You are currently subscribed to vrf as: William.Drago@l-3com.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> If you need help with the mailing list send a message to </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2> This e-mail and subsequent attachments may contain information which is proprietary to L-3 Communications Corporation. The contents shall not be disclosed, copied, distributed or used unless authorized by L-3 Communications Narda - East.</FONT></P><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes