AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf AW: Stepping Motor Control (for dummies) any examples?

Question asked by a.kieser on Feb 4, 2005
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><TITLE>RE: [vrf] Stepping Motor Control (for dummies) any examples?</TITLE><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=093450810-04022005><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=2>What I/O Card from MC did you use? I assume, there was a driver board between I/O-Card and Stepper, which one did you use?</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=093450810-04022005><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=093450810-04022005><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=2>Regards, </FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=093450810-04022005><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=2>Axel</FONT></SPAN></DIV><BR><DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=de dir=ltr align=left><HR tabIndex=-1><FONT face=Tahoma size=2><B>Von:</B> Drago, William @NARDAEAST [mailto:William.Drago@L-3com.com] <BR><B>Gesendet:</B> Donnerstag, 3. Februar 2005 20:01<BR><B>An:</B> VRF<BR><B>Betreff:</B> [vrf] RE: Stepping Motor Control (for dummies) any examples?<BR></FONT><BR></DIV><DIV></DIV><P><FONT size=2>Hello Tapio,</FONT> </P><P><FONT size=2>I wrote some vee code a while back to control 3 stepper motors. </FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>I used a digital I/O card from Measurement Computing and</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>bit-banged the stepper driver directly. </FONT></P><P><FONT size=2>It's not that hard to do. If you know the motor has 256 steps/revolution,</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>and you want to go 1/4 turn clockwise it is a simple matter to </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>calculate how many pulses to send (256/4 = 64), and to control the direction</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>bit, either high or low. You'll also have to keep track of the number of</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>pulses you send in each direction so that you'll always know where the motor is.</FONT> </P><P><FONT size=2>In my application there was a micro switch at the end of each shaft. The first</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>thing my software does is run the motor until switch closes, then I know it's "home."</FONT> </P><P><FONT size=2>I could send you my code, but I think you'd be better off writing your own.</FONT> </P><P><FONT size=2>Good luck,</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>Bill</FONT> </P><P><FONT size=2>> -----Original Message-----</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> From: tapio.ronkainen@nokia.com [<A href="mailto:tapio.ronkainen@nokia.com">mailto:tapio.ronkainen@nokia.com</A>]</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 3:17 AM</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> To: VRF</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> Subject: [vrf] Stepping Motor Control (for dummies) any examples?</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> Hello Vfr's</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> Has anyone made any stepping motor controlling with Vee? I </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> need to control two stepping motors from Vee and I am looking </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> for a "keep it simple" solution for this. There is no major </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> accuracy & speed requirements. I only need to rotate two </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> axels with not so much torque needed. </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> Perhaps I am hoping too much, but the ideal solution from my </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> point of view would be one box that has an GP-IP / RS-232 </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> port on one end and motor connectors on other end. Whole </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> thing controlled with few commands like speed & n steps to </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> clockwise etc.) Bed on my limited knowledge of the subject, </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> I am afraid that it is not this simple.</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> If you have working solutions / examples that you can share </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> with me, I would be very happy to look into them.</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> Br, Tapio Ronkainen</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>>  </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> ---</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> You are currently subscribed to vrf as: William.Drago@L-3com.com</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> If you need help with the mailing list send a message to </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>> "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>> </FONT></P><P><FONT size=2> This e-mail and subsequent attachments may contain information which is proprietary to L-3 Communications Corporation. The contents shall not be disclosed, copied, distributed or used unless authorized by L-3 Communications Narda - East.</FONT></P>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: a.kieser@francotyp.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". ---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes