AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Clearing Out Variable References

Question asked by VRFuser on Feb 23, 2006
Hello all,

This is the result of a bug in VEE that I submitted a little while ago.  VEE
7 and above store the descriptions in rtf format, on one line.  Previous version stored each line of the description on a separate line in the .vee file, surrounded by it's own set of quotes.  Unfortunately, if you opened a program written in pre-7 format, and then edited the description, it would cause VEE to crash, and it also orphaned the extra lines of the description.
The bug has already been fixed in the latest patch for VEE 7.5 (7.52?).  I haven't got VEE 7.5 yet though...
I was going to write a utility to fix the .vee files, but I ended up just manually editing the couple of files that had been corrupted in...yes:
notepad.

Reiner

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:45 PM
To: VRF
Subject: RE: [vrf] Clearing Out Variable References

> If I were to, for this example I would nuke the following, correct? 
> (description2 6..... array.")

Yes - the beginning left paren to the matching unescaped right paren. The next version of VV has an Object Tree which will make this far easier.
You'll be able to select a single attribute of an object (like description) or a whole object and delete it without worrying about matching parens.
-SHAWN-
---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: reiner.schlieker@siemens.com To subscribe send a blank email request to "join-vrf@lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

---
To subscribe send a blank email request to "join-vrf@lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

Outcomes