AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Regarding my serial in to serial out project

Question asked by VRFuser on Feb 26, 2006
Hello!
I thought I would update all of you who have either commented on or noticed what I am doing with my setup's pair of serial ports and everything else.

On Serial1 I have attached a cradle such as what is used for Palm Pilots, and indeed that is my display. It is a Palm Pilot Vx and is running a program contributed from http://palmorb.sf.net and naturally I have constructed a Direct I/O object to talk to the device. There is also a DAV object present.

On Serial3 I have attached what I call a "null instrument" a null modem plus two devices that can display RS232 activity, a RS232 Mini Tester from a local company, and a Loop Back device also from a local company. Ideally, and in about two more days it will be replaced by my experimental apparatus. For that a description will be following. For transferring digital data to Serial3 I am also using a Direct I/O object, and a DAV object.

However on the display that the program creates, I am seeing exactly what is shown on the I/O monitors. For that issue I am debugging things.

I also have Alphanumeric display objects present and the switch objects being used to set the pins on the Serial3 object. The outputs from the object are then fed to the Serial1 object.

If anyone wishes to attempt to reproduces this business I can supply the program.

Please note that this is a work in progress and does not constitute a valid application of either the talents of the programmer, (me), or the capabilities of the hardware -- the computer and the Palm Pilot.

Nicole if what I have posted above does not constitute a valid posting to the list, and you feel it is extremely off topic for the list then I shall cease and desist from doing so for follow ups and only include specific individuals. I just thought the entire list might be curious.
---
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
---
"Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

---
To subscribe send a blank email request to "join-vrf@lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

Outcomes