AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Timing issue using HP 82357 usb to GPIB interface

Question asked by VRFuser on Feb 14, 2006
Latest reply on Feb 14, 2006 by VRFuser
Hi Garvin,
            One thing that might be affecting this is the hardware set 2 second timeout on the USB to GBIB interface.  As far as I'm aware this only slows things down if something times out, when no timeouts occur it runs as fast as the National instruments USB to GPIB.  I'm not sure if this affects all USB to GPIB made by HP and or Agilent or only some.  We discovered this with our Agilent USB to GPIB and it was confirmed by Agilent support.  We haven't found any way around it (that's why we buy NI USB to GPIB now).

Ben

_____  

Sent: 13 February 2006 15:14
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] Timing issue using HP 82357 usb to GPIB interface

I have a program running on a laptop under Vee 7.03 which makes an S11 measurement on an HP 8753ES network analyzer. I am able to use one of two interfaces with it.

One is a National Instruments PCMCIA-GPIB card and the other is the HP 82357 usb to GPIB interface. I only have one of the interfaces in the laptop at any one time.

I am using an "On cycle" object set to 3 seconds to control the measurement. Using the NI card  it takes 382 ms to make the measurement and return the data. Using the

HP 32357 interface it take 2.82 seconds to make the measurement and return the data. Same code and same instrument and same driver (AG875X). Is this normal for the

HP interface to take so long to make the measurement?  I eventually want to set the "On cycle" object to 1 second.
 Thanks,
Al Garvin
Lockheed Martin

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: Ben.Millis@analog.com
To subscribe send an email request to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

---

To subscribe send an email request to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".  

Outcomes