AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Callable VEE part II

Question asked by VRFuser on Feb 14, 2006
Latest reply on Feb 14, 2006 by VRFuser
Hi all,

A follow up to my comment below.  I submitted an enhancement request for this and, after some further explanation of what the issue is, got the following response from Agilent:
>>Great. I entered your enhancement request in the data base and the id is SFTWR00027670. It has caught the attention of the VEE lab team already and is being discussed for possible implementation.
Headline: Options for storing the vee.io file

Description: The customer would to have the capability to declare where the vee.io will be stored. He would like to be able to make this declaration during:

1) the VEE installation process: The installer could be given a choice of using the current individual user accounts method for the vee.io file or using the installation (or other specified) directory for all users.

or 2) by setting a parameter in the Default Preferences menu (similarly to the tab for the WEB Server.

So, for those of us who always thought the multiple user configurations were a pain, looks like help is on the way!

Dave

_____  

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 4:04 PM
To: VRF
Subject: RE: [vrf] Callable VEE part II

>>> Painfully, the Callable VEE server uses the Users IO config (different IO configs for different accounts - not nice!)

Has anyone ever found a good use for different configs for different users?  I always save my configs with the programs to avoid this "problem".

My feature request would be to at least have the option of installing Vee so that it will use a common vee.io as default.

Dave Andersen

---

To subscribe send an email request to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".  

Outcomes