AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Callable VEE Server

Question asked by VRFuser on Feb 16, 2006
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2006 by VRFuser
Hi Qi,

Yes, I have tried a number of permutations...

For example:

Outputs=myFunc.Call(Inputs)

And also

Output=myFunc.Call()

For a function with no input arguments.  I believe that if a function does not explicitly return a value, it will return a zero back to the calling system.  Interestingly, Matlab, does not seem to be able to recognize this return - it always shows it as NaN.  I have got nowhere with the Matlab ActX Client -> VEE Server in terms of being able to pass data back and forth to and from the functions.  I have resorted to file reads/writes for passing of parameters.  I believe that the problem lies with Matlab rather than Callable VEE as things are good in VBScript/VBA

Thanks for the suggestion

Andy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:54 AM
To: Street, Andy M
Subject: RE: [vrf] Callable VEE Server

Andy,
Have you tried to do something like:

Outputs = myFunc.Call(Inputs)

This is because the second parameter is defined [in, out] in COM. 

Qi

-----Original Message-----
From: Street, Andy M [mailto:andy.street@tycoelectronics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:00 AM
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] Callable VEE Server

Hello VRF,

I am trying to use the Callable VEE Server (using VEE Rev 7.51) with Matlab (Version 7) as the ActiveX client.  I can instantiate the server, load a library (vee file), and determine the input and output argument properties etc.  The one thing that I cannot do is call any of the functions.

In other words:

myFunc.Call(Inputs,Outputs)

throws an error in Matlab.  Matlab/VEE complains about either the number of arguments (it says that the method can only accept one input
argument) or returns NaN when I am hoping it would return a number (user function has now inputs and is designed to return a Real64).  I have been able to use VBScript and Excel VBA quite happily with the Callable VEE Server, so I think my VEE install is good.  Does anyone know if you can work the VEE server successfully using Matlab as the ActiveX client and if so, what am I missing.

Thanks

Andy

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: qi_gao@agilent.com To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
"leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

---
To subscribe send a blank email request to "join-vrf@lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

Outcomes