AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Program does not run

Question asked by shaun.harwood on Oct 11, 2005
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:o = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=US-ASCII"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2722" name=GENERATOR><STYLE>@page Section1 {size: 595.35pt 841.7pt; margin: 42.55pt 22.7pt 42.25pt 51.05pt; }P.MsoNormal {     FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial}LI.MsoNormal {     FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial}DIV.MsoNormal {     FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial}A:link {     COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}SPAN.MsoHyperlink {     COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}A:visited {     COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {     COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}P.phil1 {     FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-list: l1 level2 lfo4}LI.phil1 {     FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-list: l1 level2 lfo4}DIV.phil1 {     FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-list: l1 level2 lfo4}P.Style1 {     FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"}LI.Style1 {     FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"}DIV.Style1 {     FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"}SPAN.EmailStyle19 {     COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: personal-compose}DIV.Section1 {     page: Section1}OL {     MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in}UL {     MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in}</STYLE></HEAD><BODY lang=EN-US vLink=purple link=blue><DIV dir=ltr align=left> </DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=523192212-12102005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Hi all</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=523192212-12102005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=523192212-12102005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I have seen this problem - I upgraded a pair of functional testers earlier this year from WINNT to W2K and at the same time upgraded the VEE version from 6x to 7.03 - I remember having an error where it referenced an NI driver/.dll of something - anyway I popped in a new agilent GPIB card (the WINNT system had an old HP card I think) and it worked fine.  One of our engineers has since informed me he has tried using that old card and cannot get the I/O config to see it.  Is it possible this is a combination of card/OS and VEE version?  It would be nice to understand the problem.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=523192212-12102005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=523192212-12102005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Shaun H</FONT></SPAN></DIV><BR><BR><DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=en-us dir=ltr align=left><HR tabIndex=-1><FONT face=Tahoma size=2><B>From:</B> Phil Hakluytt [mailto:PHakluytt@tuvps.co.uk] <BR><B>Sent:</B> Monday, October 10, 2005 12:23 PM<BR><B>To:</B> VRF<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] Program does not run<BR></FONT><BR></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV class=Section1><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Hi all,<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Recently I have tried to run an older Vee Pro 6.0 .vxe file, that was developed originally on Win 95, on a “newer” OS, Win 2000, and I am completely unable to understand an error that says :<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">“Unable to correctly access the NI-488.2M driver for windows 95 (gpibmngr.dll).  Please Re-install the NI-488.2M Software for 95”.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">The original program was developed a few years ago in Win 95.  I have run it successfully in Win 98.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">However I have now tried to run this program from a Win 2000 PC that is talking to a correctly set up NI USB-B card, and encountered this strange error.  So why is Vee Pro 6.0 looking for an “older” system file?  Is it because Vee “remembers the OS that you developed a program in? <o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Another question before I leave this with you …..<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Win 2000 has system routes of C:WINNTsystem32, Win 95 and Win 98 have system routes of C:windowsSystem.  Is this part of the problem?<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Best Regards,<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Phil<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P></DIV><BR>--- <BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: shaun.harwood@siemens.com <BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/". <BR><BR><P><I><FONT face=Arial size=2>This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. </FONT></I></P><BR><P><I><FONT face=Arial size=2>A list of the Companies covered by this statement is available from our registered office at: Octagon House, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, Hants PO15 5RL.</FONT></I></P><BR><P><I><FONT face=Arial size=2>*********************************************************************</FONT></I></P><P><I><FONT face=Arial size=2>To get instant pricing information on TUV PS/BABT services, visit our estimating / quotation system at http://www.online-estimating.com</FONT></I></P><P><I><FONT face=Arial size=2>*********************************************************************</FONT></I></P><BR><BR><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes