AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Need help implementing .OCX or .NET driver for NI 6533 DIO card w/VEE 7.0

Question asked by VRFuser on Apr 1, 2005
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2005 by VRFuser
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Need help implementing .OCX or .NET driver for NI 6533 DIO card w/VEE 7.0</TITLE><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2604" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=337152623-01042005>I should have been more clear. <U>Ideally</U> the interface would work up to a 30MHz rate. Your right, the 6533 DIO card will only work up to 20MHz...MAYBE. Right now we are just trying to walk before we run. Due to transmission line issues we are currently limited to a few hundred KHz data rate. We need to resolve termination and cabling issues before we can communicate reliably any faster. But the fact remains that we cannot do reads reliably. We can do a one time read seemily without problems, but when we put the read function call in a looping function it will get a segmentation violation in a couple of seconds at most.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><BR><DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=en-us dir=ltr align=left><HR tabIndex=-1><FONT face=Tahoma size=2><B>From:</B> bob_fisher@agilent.com [mailto:bob_fisher@agilent.com] <BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, April 01, 2005 2:38 PM<BR><B>To:</B> Estrin, Stephen; vrf@agilent.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: [vrf] Need help implementing .OCX or .NET driver for NI 6533 DIO card w/VEE 7.0<BR></FONT><BR></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=471003222-01042005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Any chance it's a hardware problem? Does NI guarantee the 6533 (or 6534) card supports 30MHz transfer? I saw references 20MHz clocks and data rates; I didn't see anything leading me to believe they supported faster transfers...</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=471003222-01042005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV><SPAN class=471003222-01042005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Bob</FONT></SPAN></DIV><BLOCKQUOTE>  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma   size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Estrin, Stephen   [mailto:ESTRINS@tycoelectronics.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, April 01, 2005   11:38 AM<BR><B>To:</B> VRF<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] Need help implementing   .OCX or .NET driver for NI 6533 DIO card w/VEE 7.0<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->  <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>I need to create a three line serial interface for   a test station. The interface consists of a clock line, Tx data line (out to   DUT) and Rx data line (back in from DUT). Serial command words are on the   order of 40 bits long, and need to clock in and out at up to a 30MHz bit   rate.  We are currently trying to use a National Instruments 6533   (PCI-DIO-32HS) card, with the NI-DAQ DLL supplied by NI. But are having   problems with what appears to be a memory leak and segmentation violations   when doing block reads back from the UUT. The current implementation uses the   REQ1 line for the clock, PORT A BIT 0 for the transmit line and PORT2 BIT 0   for the Rx back from the unit. This scheme seems to work well for writing out   to the UUT, but doesn't work reliably doing reads back. Since we are running   VEE 7.0 a person at Agilent suggested that it might be better to use a .OCX or   .NET driver instead of the DLL. I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing   this. NI supplies a "wrapper" for use with .NET applications but doesn't go   into great detail as to how to install/use the wrapper except with Visual C or   VB.NET. CAN anybody help me with how to implement a .OCX or .NET driver for   this card? </FONT></P>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as:   bob_fisher@agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to   "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to   "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,   email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a   message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". </BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes