AnsweredAssumed Answered

Re-2: vrf Get Directory Listing from 8753...

Question asked by g.nied on Mar 6, 2005
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><TITLE>Message</TITLE><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1479" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=187065114-07032005>Agreed, I have one for a Toshiba laptop that didn't have serial ports and it worked like a charm with Vee 6.0. The manufacturer is Manhattan. I'm not sure of the part number.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=187065114-07032005></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=187065114-07032005>Dan</SPAN></FONT></DIV><BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=en-us dir=ltr align=left><FONT   face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Ashley Derrick   [mailto:ashley@smartsolutions.karoo.co.uk] <BR><B>Sent:</B> Monday, March 07,   2005 1:30 PM<BR><B>To:</B> VRF<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: [vrf] need some   help...<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Why not add a USB-to- Serial converter to give   you a real working second serial port.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>These are available for 10 at computer shows.   </FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Ash</FONT></DIV>  <BLOCKQUOTE   style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>    <DIV     style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>     <A title=Richard.Wise@raymarine.com     href="mailto:Richard.Wise@raymarine.com">Richard Wise</A> </DIV>    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=vrf@agilent.com     href="mailto:vrf@agilent.com">VRF</A> </DIV>    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, March 07, 2005 12:24     AM</DIV>    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: [vrf] need some     help...</DIV>    <DIV><BR></DIV>    <DIV>    <P><FONT size=2><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff>Virtual Serial Ports Driver     XP 4.5 from</FONT><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff> <A     href="http://www.eltima.com/">http://www.eltima.com/</A> <SPAN     class=395122008-07032005>will allow you to add pairs of virtual com ports to     your laptop so you can load your software without any     errors.</SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT></P>    <P><FONT size=2><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><SPAN     class=395122008-07032005>Rich</SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT></P></DIV>    <BLOCKQUOTE>      <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma       size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Douglas Rudrow       [mailto:dbrudrow@sbcglobal.net]<BR><B>Sent:</B> 05 March 2005       00:22<BR><B>To:</B> VRF<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] need some       help...<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>      <DIV>Greeting vrf. </DIV>      <DIV> </DIV>      <DIV>Haven't posted in quite a while, I've got a couple of problems, I       thought maybe some of you folks might have some suggestions.</DIV>      <DIV> </DIV>      <DIV>Firstly, is it possible to fool VEE into thinking that there are       actually two serial ports on my PC, when in fact, there is only one? Let       me explain. Most of my test programs run on machines that have two serial       ports, one to communicate with the unit under test, and one to communicate       with a temperature chamber. The problem is, I do my development work on a       docked laptop with one serial port. This means I can't run small bits of       code within my programs because VEE tells me that COM2 is not configured       for this system, which of course, it's not.</DIV>      <DIV> </DIV>      <DIV>Secondly, I'm not ActiveX savvy and I now find myself needing to be.       I've gone through all of the VEE manuals and examples and as many other       examples and tutorials as I could find, but I still can't seem to       accomplish this one seemingly simple task. I need to open a tab-delimited       ASCII text file, which is generated by my program, in Excel. Then       print out the spreadsheet in landscape orientation, fit to 1 sheet, with       the gridlines turned on, on 11X17" paper  on the Windows default       printer. I can manage to open Excel, but opening the file eludes me, every       time I try to type what I think are the right commands into my little       formula object, VEE tells me there is a syntax error or an illegal escape       sequence.</DIV>      <DIV> </DIV>      <DIV>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.</DIV>      <DIV>Thanks in advance,</DIV>      <DIV> </DIV>      <DIV>Doug Rudrow</DIV>      <DIV>DVT Test Engineer</DIV>      <DIV>Remec broadband Wireless</DIV>--- You are currently subscribed to vrf       as: Richard.Wise@raymarine.com To subscribe send a blank email to       "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". To unsubscribe send a blank email to       "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". To send messages to this mailing       list, email "vrf@agilent.com". If you need help with the mailing list send       a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are     currently subscribed to vrf as: ashley@smartsolutions.karoo.co.uk<BR>To     subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To     unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To     send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need     help with the mailing list send a message to     "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR><PRE>____________________________________________________________________________This email and all attachments have been electronically scanned by KingstonCommunications' email Anti-Virus service and no known viruses were detected.____________________________________________________________________________</PRE><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><PRE>____________________________________________________________________________This email and all attachments have been electronically scanned by KingstonCommunications' email Anti-Virus service and no known viruses were detected.____________________________________________________________________________</PRE><BR>---<BR>You   are currently subscribed to vrf as: Dan.Williams@analog.com<BR>To subscribe   send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe   send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages   to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the   mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". </BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes