AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf AW: AW: Phase of two oscillations

Question asked by a.kieser on Feb 2, 2005
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY><DIV dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=2><SPAN class=196030815-02022005>Hi Julia,</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=2><SPAN class=196030815-02022005>look at the other mail I have even sent. I minimize the square error of the difference of the two signals while I vary my x-values. When the sum of the square errors is minimal, my signals are best in phase and I know the phase difference.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=2><SPAN class=196030815-02022005></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><DIV><SPAN lang=de><FONT face=Arial color=#000080 size=2><SPAN class=196030815-02022005>Regards, Axel</SPAN></FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV> </DIV><BR><DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=de dir=ltr align=left><HR tabIndex=-1><FONT face=Tahoma size=2><B>Von:</B> Iulia Popovici [mailto:iulia.popovici@urbanet.ch] <BR><B>Gesendet:</B> Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2005 12:54<BR><B>An:</B> VRF<BR><B>Betreff:</B> [vrf] Re: AW: Re: Phase of two oscillations<BR></FONT><BR></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Axel,</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>What do you mean by "phase of oscillation" ? I'm afraid you have to start by responding this question.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>You speak about minimizing the square error, but error between what and what ?</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>In order to help you, one have to understand the problem. </FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Regards, Julia</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>----- Original Message ----- </FONT><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>From: |</FONT><A href="mailto:a.kieser@francotyp.com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>a.kieser@francotyp.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>To: "VRF" |</FONT><A href="mailto:vrf@agilent.com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>vrf@agilent.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 11:50 AM</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Subject: [vrf] AW: Re: Phase of two oscillations</FONT></DIV></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial><BR><FONT size=2></FONT></FONT></DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi,<BR>thank you for your answer, but unfortunatelly it doesn't help very much,<BR>because the data are very raw measurement values... I attached two data<BR>files, the (visual determined, see attached Excel Sheet) solution will be<BR>something like delta_x = -50... I assume that I have to do something with<BR>the method of minimizing the sum of the squares of errors (are these the<BR>correct english words?)...<BR><BR>Regards, Axel<BR><BR><BR>-----Ursprngliche Nachricht-----<BR>Von: </FONT><A href="mailto:Dave.Watling@Zarlink.Com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>Dave.Watling@Zarlink.Com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2> [mailto:Dave.Watling@Zarlink.Com] <BR>Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2005 11:13<BR>An: VRF<BR>Betreff: [vrf] Re: Phase of two oscillations<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Hi,<BR>Here are three methods demonstrated in one Vee program - they assume the<BR>oscillations are sinusoidal:<BR><BR>(See attached file: Measuring phase relationship.vee)<BR><BR>David Watling<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>                                                                           <BR>             </FONT><A href="mailto:a.kieser@francoty"><FONT face=Arial size=2>a.kieser@francoty</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>                                             <BR>             p.com                                                         <BR>                                                                        To <BR>             02/02/2005 09:40          VRF |</FONT><A href="mailto:vrf@agilent.com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>vrf@agilent.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>>               <BR>                                                                        cc <BR>                                                                           <BR>             Please respond to                                     Subject <BR>             </FONT><A href="mailto:a.kieser@francoty"><FONT face=Arial size=2>a.kieser@francoty</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>         [vrf] Phase of two oscillations     <BR>                   p.com                                                   <BR>                                                                           <BR>                                                                           <BR>                                                                           <BR>                                                                           <BR>                                                                           <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Hi,<BR>does anybody have a solution how to evaluate the phase of two oscillations<BR>with the same frequency, which I have in measured (X/Y)-Data-Rows with<BR>      Vee<BR>      Matlab<BR>      and perhaps Excel<BR><BR><BR><BR>Thank you for an answer in advance.<BR><BR><BR>with best regards,<BR>Axel.<BR><BR><BR><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: </FONT><A href="mailto:Dave.Watling@Zarlink.Com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>Dave.Watling@Zarlink.Com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2> To<BR>subscribe send a blank email to "</FONT><A href="mailto:join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "</FONT><A href="mailto:leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "</FONT><A href="mailto:vrf@agilent.com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>vrf@agilent.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>".<BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to<BR>"</FONT><A href="mailto:owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>".<BR><BR><BR></FONT><P></P><FONT face=Arial size=2><HR></FONT><P></P><FONT face=Arial size=2>> ---<BR>> You are currently subscribed to vrf as: </FONT><A href="mailto:iulia.popovici@urbanet.ch"><FONT face=Arial size=2>iulia.popovici@urbanet.ch</FONT></A><BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>> To subscribe send a blank email to "</FONT><A href="mailto:join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>".<BR>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to "</FONT><A href="mailto:leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>".<BR>> To send messages to this mailing list,  email "</FONT><A href="mailto:vrf@agilent.com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>vrf@agilent.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>".  <BR>> If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "</FONT><A href="mailto:owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com"><FONT face=Arial size=2>owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>".<BR>></FONT> ---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: a.kieser@francotyp.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes