AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf VEE 7 Print Screen Problem

Question asked by paul.sylvester on Mar 30, 2005
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2005 by paul.sylvester

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">The printing does leave much to be desired. And when your IT department controls the printers, it becomes a choreto ensure that your landscape mode print out always comes out the rightway the first time it prints after opening your code.  Since you donot control the driver, you cannot control the default orientation.  </font>

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">I have given up on trying the get thescreen perfect and then printing it.  It is especially bad when yourperfectly laid out table suddenly needs a new row of data right in themiddle.</font>

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">The answer for me was to use Word bycreating a Word document that acts as a template.  In the table, Iplace tags of the format {[tagname]} and then do a search and replace foreach tag.  It is all right out of the VEE tutorials but I do not rememberif they were the stock tutorials or something I got from the Agilent website.  Add in some advice that you all provided and the thing worksjust fine.  I have a company logo on the top and changes in formator content are a breeze.</font>

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">I do create a bitmap of a VEE graphwhich is generated in its own userfunction panel and paste that on to thebottom of my report.  I have not tried all of this if VEE 7 yet.</font>

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Paul</font>
<font size=2 face="sans-serif">
Paul Sylvester
Business Line Ultrasound
Philips Medical Systems
3000 Minuteman Road
Andover, MA 01810

978-659-4836
paul.sylvester@philips.com</font>

<table width=100%><tr valign=top><td><td>

<font size=1 face="sans-serif"><b>"Schlieker, Reiner" |reiner.schlieker@siemens.com></b></font><p><font size=1 face="sans-serif">03/29/2005 11:05 AM</font>
<font size=1 face="sans-serif">Please respond to "Schlieker, Reiner"</font><td><font size=1 face="Arial">        </font>
<font size=1 face="sans-serif">        To:       VRF |vrf@agilent.com></font>
<font size=1 face="sans-serif">        cc:       (bcc: Paul Sylvester/ANR/MS/PHILIPS)</font>
<font size=1 face="sans-serif">        Subject:       RE: [vrf] VEE 7 Print Screen Problem</font><p><font size=1 face="sans-serif">        Classification:       </font>

</table>

<font size=2 color=blue face="Arial">Probably, no one else reportedthe problem because they know that printing from VEE sucks big time andso they don't expect any better.  Anyone that really needs to printsomething presentable uses ActiveX.  I personnally think that VEEitself should have better printing capabilities - ActiveX (or .NET) isfine for fancier stuff, but VEE should be able to print out a panel youcreate, and scale it appropriately for printing. (Scale to fit)</font>
<font size=3> </font>
<font size=2 color=blue face="Arial">Hope that did come off soundingtoo harsh; I'd just like to see this improved.  I love VEE, honest!</font>
<font size=3> </font>
<font size=2 color=blue face="Arial">Reiner</font>
<font size=2 face="Tahoma">-----Original Message-----<b>
From:</b> kirk_reed@agilent.com [mailto:kirk_reed@agilent.com]<b>
Sent:</b> Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:36 AM<b>
To:</b> VRF<b>
Subject:</b> RE: [vrf] VEE 7 Print Screen Problem
</font>
<font size=2 color=#000080 face="Arial">I too also found this bug. There is also another bug with the Print Screen function in Vee 7. Sizing the print with a percentage from within the Default PreferencesPrinting tab has NO EFFECT.  It worked in Vee 6.2, but not in Vee7.  You just get 100% no matter what.</font>
<font size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </font>
<font size=2 color=#000080 face="Arial">I called Vee support, and theysaid only one other person had called about the problem.  I thinkthe problem needs to be escalated to make sure it gets fixed in the nextrelease because he said he did not know when it would be fixed.</font>
<font size=2 color=#000080 face="Arial">Any comments from the supportteam within Agilent on whether this is going to be fixed?  </font>
<font size=2 color=#000080 face="Arial">I have a program that has beenrunning at least 5 years using the Print Screen function, and it’s onmany testers.  I tried upgrading to Vee 7, but had to downgrade ithoping it will be fixed sometime soon.  </font>
<font size=2 color=#000080 face="Arial">I might have to create somekind of a Word document as a report and print that if I have to.</font>
<font size=2 color=#000080 face="Arial">Kirk Reed</font>
<a href=mailto:Kirk_reed@agilent.com><font size=2 color=blue face="Arial"><u>Kirk_reed@agilent.com</u></font></a>
<font size=2 face="Tahoma">-----Original Message-----<b>
From:</b> Brian Pittman [mailto:bpittman@comtechefdata.com] <b>
Sent:</b> Friday, March 25, 2005 1:14 PM<b>
To:</b> VRF<b>
Subject:</b> [vrf] VEE 7 Print Screen Problem</font>
<font size=2 face="MS Sans Serif">Hello VRF,</font>
<font size=2 face="MS Sans Serif">The Print Screen object changed whenwe upgraded to VEE 7 from VEE 6.  Now the Print Screen object sendsa screen capture to the printer; before it only sent the contents of theVEE window to the printer.  Now every time another program createsa pop-up window on top of VEE's window the data is hidden behind the pop-upwhen the Print Screen object is executed.</font>
<font size=2 face="MS Sans Serif">We cannot eliminate all the pop-upsfrom the system (some are generated by IT Dept software, etc...), and Idon't want to downgrade our systems to VEE 6.</font>
<font size=2 face="MS Sans Serif">Using VEE 7, is there a way to senda copy of the VEE window to the printer without using the Print Screenobject?</font>
<font size=2 face="MS Sans Serif">Thanks,</font>
<font size=2 face="MS Sans Serif">
Brian Pittman
ATE Design Technician
Comtech EF Data Corp.</font>
<font size=2 face="MS Sans Serif">---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: kirk_reed@agilent.com
To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</font><p><font size=3>---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: reiner.schlieker@siemens.com
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</font>
<font size=3>---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: paul.sylvester@philips.com
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</font>
---You are currently subscribed to %%list.name%% as: %%emailaddr%%To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  

Outcomes