AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Need help - Problems with writing & reading to/from s

Question asked by reiner.schlieker on Jan 3, 2005
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=US-ASCII"><TITLE>Need help - Problems with writing & reading to/from serial port</TITLE><META content="MSHTML 5.50.4937.800" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV><SPAN class=957041017-03012005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>You might want to check that the Read Terminator and the EOL sequence characters are correct for the scale.  These are under the Advanced Instrument Properties>Direct I/O tab.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=957041017-03012005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV><SPAN class=957041017-03012005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Reiner</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=957041017-03012005><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma   size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Lederman Rachel   [mailto:rachell@rafael.co.il]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, January 02, 2005 3:41   AM<BR><B>To:</B> VRF<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] Need help - Problems with   writing & reading to/from serial port<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hello,</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>I have a balance that is   connected to COM2 and responses correctly to a demo program of the   company.</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>I define a device on the   COM2 - w1@2. The serial properties are :</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Baud   Rate                  9600</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial   size=2>Character                   8</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Stop   Bits                   1</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial   size=2>Parity                        None</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial   size=2>Handshake                None</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Receive Buffer Size    4096  (the default)</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>I need to send the   character "p" and in return get an answer like : w1 200.26 g</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>It seems very simple, but   all I get is an error message :</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=2>I/O error or   timeout occurred with serial interface at 2</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>I am using VEE7 Pro and IO   Libraries for Instrument Control Revision M.01.01.</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Please   help.</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thank   you,</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Rachel</FONT></SPAN></P>  <P dir=ltr><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial color=#000000   size=2>||sercom.vee>> </FONT></SPAN></P></BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes