AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf simulate a HP plotter

Question asked by VRFuser on Jul 31, 2005
Hi Les,

This should be possible.  I have written stuff for some of the older HP/Agilent products that could dump their screen via HPGL.  If I recall, the trick is to basically issue the 'dump screen' command and then read the string that is output from the instrument.  Read the string back and save it to a file.  To import the picture into an MS-Office package you will need the MS HPGL graphics filter - download from the MS site (Search on HPGL filter should do it). 

Let me know if you want an example for a HP instrument (sorry no R&S!)

Andy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 29 July 2005 21:22
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] simulate a HP plotter

Hi everyone,
                    has anyone used VEE (I'm using VEELab 5.02 but have limited access to 7.0) to read the output from an instrument when it is made to plot? I particularly want to be able to get the HPGL plot string from a Rohde & Schwarz FSA spectrum analyser but it doesn't have an output plot command (unlike some other instruments). It does have a command to make it plot to a plotter, "PLOT:SCREEN" and does allow Pass Control.  So does anyone know how to get VEE to act as the plotter and therefore be able to capture the HPGL data? 

Any code samples would be greatly appreciated.

Les

-----------------------------------------
Email sent from http://www.ntlworld.com/
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software
Visit www.ntlworld.com/security for more information

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: andy_street@agilent.com
To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com
To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".

Outcomes