AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Viewing Data Acquired by DAQ in Frequency Domain

Question asked by VRFuser on Jun 4, 2006

Hi all,

I am using a data acquisition card (DAQ)’s analog input to connect to a vibration sensor in order I am able to measure the vibration of a motor. I am using different frequency to drive the motor in order to measure its response at different frequencies. So I would like to view its response in frequency domain continuously. How can I do that?

The function of the DAQ card is basically sampling and then I will send commands to read the data back into VEE. The data in this case will be referenced to be in time domain. How can I change it to be in frequency domain?

I have tried the following methods.

1) I tried FFT formula but the frequency information does not seem to be correct. If I were to use a chart (without FFT done on the data) and I use the chart with the data going through FFT, the amplitude shows the same for Y axis. For x-axis, the former chart will be reference to time, while the latter chart will always have the peak at the beginning of the data.

2) I do not seem to quite get it when I use the “Build Waveform† function and then the “Spectrum Graph†. There is no inbuilt FFT function for this DAQ.

Any ideas how I can achieve my aim?

Thanks.

Regards,

Eng Chye, Neo (æ¢ è £è´¢)

---

To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".  

Outcomes