AnsweredAssumed Answered

AW: vrf Vee Pro versus

Question asked by VRFuser on Jul 7, 2006
My hint is:

just put the benchmark to rea world problems.

Ask your management for a problem which should be solved by programming- and force them in the correct direction

Like - Find out what computername the machine has, look for a certain folder and change all data-time-stamps plus 1 hour....
Then lets benchmark which programmer  has finished this task as first...

by the way, i recommend Vee7.52 for doing this ( or 7.x) because of .net

I did this in the past with a C++ programmer, a labview fan and me, and the winner was  ....   ))))

best regards,
detlef

_____  

Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:25 AM
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] Vee Pro versus

Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me out.  I've got a guy here that is trying to convince Management that Vee's limitations, compared to the other common programs, make it the less desirable program, even though we have a site wide license.  Anyway, the programs that he is comparing are:

C++
C#
LabView version 8
Vee 5
Vee Pro

The way he is trying to push this is by performing four different tests.  Access of a .dll, filling an array, floating math and IntMath.  The program he has created to prove this is attached.  I've been able to alter his program a bit, which is the one attached (post alter), so that the IntMath is running 1 million iterations in about 1.6 to 1.7 seconds.  He tells me that C++ and C# is doing the same in about 0.002 seconds or so, and that even LabView is running the program in less than a second.  The .dll and the .h that he is using are attached in case your winmm.dll won't work.

Is there anything that could be done to speed up the attached program?  Also does anyone know the advantages of VeePro compared to these other programs?  Is there anything that Vee does better than these others that I could use?

Thanks,

Jim

---

To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".  

Outcomes