AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Configuring Advantech ADAM serial convertor

Question asked by platypus on Jul 10, 2006
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1555" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hello VRF,</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I'm trying to configure VEE 7.5 on XP to use an Advantech ADAM 4570L,  RS232 to Ethernet convertor.  The ADAM configuration software allows an unused serial port to be assigned to the ADAM serial.  Unlike USB to serial convertors I've used, this doesn't appear as a virtual port under Windows (eg Com5) and I can't seem to access it through VEE.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Does anybody know what I need to do to be able to use it in VEE?</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Paul Chapman</FONT></DIV><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to<BR>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes