AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf re.Vee 7.5 on Win98

Question asked by VRFuser on Mar 2, 2006
Mark:

I'm sorry this happened to you.  VEE 7.0 was the last version that supported Win98 and NT4.  We tried to make sure all references to Win98 were gone, but we obviously missed it in the manuals.  We would be happy to give you a "downgrade" product key for VEE 7.0.  I will send that under separate email.  You can download the bits from the VEE product home page (follow the links) or if you want a CD we can send on to you, just let me know.

We will remove the Windows 98 / NT4 references from the manuals for the next revision (VEE 8).  If you have seen other collateral (web or data sheets) please let me know separately.  We don't need to bombard the vrf.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 7:55 AM
To: VRF
Subject: RE: [vrf] re.Vee 7.5 on Win98

GREAT;

Your sorry for the confusion! Good for you ...

Now what am I suppose to do? Partially I bought VEE 7.5 because IT STATED IT'S WIN98 compatible. I have an old wafer prober running it's app on WIN98 and I need VEE to support this.

Saying you are sorry for the confusion is TOTALLY INADEQUATE!

If VEE7.5 will not support WIN98 (and DDE by the way) then please tell me how I get a copy of VEE7.0 (or what ever last ver supported WIN98 and DDE.

What is going on at Agilent? I buy VEE then find out it's not what it says. I buy an expensive 34980 scanner only to find poor documentation, clumsy programming commands and worst of all the internal DMM is unbelievably slow and does not give a conversion complete when in single chnl mode!

Mark

[mailto:ken_colasuonno@agilent.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:39 PM

If you take a look at the Requirements section of the VEE_Pro_75_Welcome.htm file that pops up with you insert the CD, you will see that VEE 7.5 is not supported on Win98.  Only Win2k and WinXP.
We created the installers so that it would not even attempt to install on Win98.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ken

From: Lapworth, David [mailto:David.Lapworth@AirservicesAustralia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:48 PM

Hi ****,

The Vee 7.5 runtime still won't install on a Win98SE machine, what else am I missing?  If the runtime modules can't be made to work on Win98 then it shouldn't say that they can in both the help files and manuals.
If they are supposed to work then what else is required?

Thanks
David

Sent: Wednesday, 1 March 2006 7:54 PM
To: Lapworth, David; vrf@agilent.com

Hi David,

VEE 7.5 does not need .NET framework 2.0. framework 1.1 is enough.

Best regards,

From: Lapworth, David [mailto:David.Lapworth@AirservicesAustralia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:09 PM
Subject: [vrf] re.Vee 7.5 on Win98

Thanks,
I do have .net installed on the Win98SE machine but only version 1.1 as version 2 didn't want to install, does Vee 7.5 need .net framework version 2 to work?

David

Hello!
Your discovery is indeed correct. It is because of the usage of DotNet controls in 7.5 and later versions that Win98SE is no longer a valid version. Indeed the current release of the IOLIBs only run on XP and 2000.
--
Gregg C Levine

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: ****_jia@agilent.com To subscribe send a blank email request to "join-vrf@lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
"leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: ken_colasuonno@agilent.com To subscribe send a blank email request to "join-vrf@lists.it.agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: mcarangi@gulton.com To subscribe send a blank email request to "join-vrf@lists.it.agilent.com".

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: ken_colasuonno@agilent.com To subscribe send a blank email request to "join-vrf@lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".

---
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com"
leave the subject blank and in the message body put only the word "subscribe"
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".

Outcomes