AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Help with ActiveX and Advantech USB-4718

Question asked by VRFuser on Aug 30, 2006
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 by pkrci
Goal: Control Advantech USB-4718 using VEE Pro

Problem: I have attempted to use both the ActiveX method in VEE Pro and the Import Library command without success.

With the ActiveX method, I start by Declaring a Variable with the following parameters: Scope = Global, Type = Object, Sub Type = COM, Library = AdvAILib, Class = AdvAI.  Next, I use the command CreateObject in the following way;

Set session = CreateObject("AdvAI.AdvAI");
With session being the variable I declared.  The error I receive is #563, invalid ProgID.  I have tried several versions of ("AdvAI.AdvAI") with no luck.  Any ideas?

With the Import Library, I set Library Type to Compiled Function.  However, when I search for the File Name not all of my folders come up in the "Import library from what file?" box.  I am missing the WINDOWSsystem32 file for sure.  I am using Windows XP.  Should I be able to see the system32 folder?  If so, is there a permissions problem or something else I need to change?  I am the administator on the machine. 

If anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate the feedback.  Thank you for your time. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
Laura

---

To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".  

Outcomes