AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf coordinates of special values of an array (2D!)

Question asked by VRFuser on Nov 6, 2001
Axel,

You could extract subarrays in a loop using the a[n,*] notation, and send
each subarray through one of the methods posted earlier. That would be
faster than looping through individual elements.

If you are running VEE 6.0, you could use a Matlab script. Enter the
following lines in the box:

[i,j]=find(A==1)
X=[i,j]-1

The second line converts for the 1-based array indexing of Matlab to the
0-based indexing of VEE.
This takes a second or two to start up Matlab the first time, but is fast
after that.

Regards,
Bill Ossmann

>-----Original Message-----
>From: a.kieser@francotyp.com [mailto:a.kieser@francotyp.com]
>Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 11:08 AM
>To: vrf@lvld.agilent.com
>Subject: AW: vrf coordinates of special values of an array (2D!)
>
>
>Thank you for the answers;
>this is exactly what I would have wanted for an 1D-Array.
>But I want to have it for a 2D-Array and want to have the position of
>columns and rows where the values are exactly 1.
>I think I wasn't precise enough.
>
>With best regards,
>Axel Kieser
>___________________________
>Francotyp-Postalia AG & Co. KG
>TEM - Mechanical Development Department
>Triftweg 21-26
>16547 Birkenwerder
>Germany
>Tel.: +49 (0) 33 03/5 25 - 6 37
>Fax: +49 (0) 33 03/5 37 07 - 6 37
>mailto:a.kieser@francotyp.com
>http://www.francotyp.com/
>
>
>
>
>-----Ursprngliche Nachricht-----
>Von: JACOBY,WERNER (A-Germany,ex1) [mailto:werner_jacoby@agilent.com]
>Gesendet am: Dienstag, 6. November 2001 11:31
>An: KOHLER,ADAM (A-Scotland,ex1); 'a.kieser@francotyp.com';
>vrf@lvld.agilent.com
>Betreff: RE: vrf coordinates of special values of an array
>
>Well, the basic design looks very good.
>The string positions seems to be dangerous though (try 11 ..).
>So how about this small modification ..
>
>Regards, Werner.
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: KOHLER,ADAM (A-Scotland,ex1) [mailto:adam_kohler@Agilent.com]
>> Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 09:54
>> To: 'a.kieser@francotyp.com'; vrf@lvld.agilent.com
>> Subject: RE: vrf coordinates of special values of an array
>>
>>
>> Try this.
>>
>> 
>> Adam Kohler
>> Agilent Technologies UK Limited
>> EPSG-Q, BEST PGU
>> South Queensferry
>> West Lothian
>> Scotland EH30 9TG
>>  phone:   +44 (0) 131 335 7680
>>  fax:     +44 (0) 131 335 7388
>>
>> e-mail:  adam_kohler@agilent.com
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: a.kieser@francotyp.com [mailto:a.kieser@francotyp.com]
>> Sent: Tuesday, 06 November 2001 08:13
>> To: vrf@lvld.agilent.com
>> Subject: vrf coordinates of special values of an array
>>
>>
>> Hi,
>> how do I get the coordinates of a big array that are e.g.
>> exactly 1 and
>> sample them in a collector? I don't want to use a 'for count'
>> because it
>> wastes too much time.
>> Any good Ideas?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Axel Kieser
>> ___________________________
>> Francotyp-Postalia AG & Co. KG
>> TEM - Mechanical Development Department
>> Triftweg 21-26
>> 16547 Birkenwerder
>> Germany
>> Tel.: +49 (0) 33 03/5 25 - 6 37
>> Fax: +49 (0) 33 03/5 37 07 - 6 37
>> mailto:a.kieser@francotyp.com
>> http://www.francotyp.com/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>**********************************************************************
>> This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of
>> computer viruses.
>>
>> Francotyp-Postalia AG & Co.
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> This is the "vrf" maillist, managed by Majordomo.  To send
>messages to
>> this maillist, just email to "vrf@lvld.agilent.com". 
>> Subscriptions and
>> unsubscriptions are done through the address
>> "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".
>> If you need details, just send a message containing the text "help"
>> to "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>This is the "vrf" maillist, managed by Majordomo.  To send messages to
>this maillist, just email to "vrf@lvld.agilent.com".  Subscriptions and
>unsubscriptions are done through the address
>"vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".
>If you need details, just send a message containing the text "help"
>to "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the "vrf" maillist, managed by Majordomo.  To send messages to
this maillist, just email to "vrf@lvld.agilent.com".  Subscriptions and
unsubscriptions are done through the address "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".
If you need details, just send a message containing the text "help"
to "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcomes