AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf GPIB7 + 14? FIXED

Question asked by VRFuser on Oct 5, 2006
Success!
I too now have only GPIB7's  (apart from one PC that seems confused  - there's always one isn't there...I'll do a reinstall)

Thanks Goran for educating us on this new feature. (I wonder who decided it should be ticked by default? - maybe most people have mixed NI/Agilent systems)

------- Forwarded message follows -------
Subject:             [vrf] GPIB7 + 14?
Date sent:           Wed, 4 Oct 2006 18:17:30 +0200
To:                  VRF <vrf@agilent.com>
Send reply to:       "Baranski, Detlef" <Detlef.Baranski@pilkington.de>

[ Double-click this line for list subscription options ]

Goran points me in the correct direction. After unmarking this "feature" in the IOlib14.2 there is just GPIB7

::::

Detlef,

And I don't think the "duplicate-select-code-problem" is a bug (perhaps more of an "information bug" . With Suite 14.2 Agilent GPIB can act as a NI GPIB card. Then VEE has two ways to talk to the card, via Agilent driver (select code 7) or via the NI driver (select code 14). So that is why your interface/instruments show up twice in InstrumentManager. You can disable the NI emulation in Suite14.2 under Tools/Agilent488. Then the interface/instruments will only show up at SC
7 in VEE.

Regards,
Goran

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: b.birmingham@newi.ac.uk To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".
------- End of forwarded message -------Barrie Birmingham b.birmingham@newi.ac.uk

---

To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

Outcomes