AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf GPIB Data Analyzer

Question asked by eshaw on Nov 7, 2001
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12"><TITLE>RE: vrf GPIB Data Analyzer</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>I use the National Instruments GPIB NI-488.2 driver. It comes with an application called NI Spy which can monitor, record, and display the GPIB commands while your application is running.</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: dan besgrove [<A HREF="mailto:dd_besgrove@hotmail.com">mailto:dd_besgrove@hotmail.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 6:55 AM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: vrf@lvld.agilent.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: vrf GPIB Data Analyzer</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>Hi,</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>I have a PC running some hidden software that controls an HP sig gen over </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>the IEEE bus. Occassionally, the sig gen or PC will lock up.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Disconnecting the PC, I can control the sig gen using my laptop and VEE </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>without the sig gen locking up.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Question : Can I somehow use my laptop (running VEE) to act as a bus monitor </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>? It would sit on the bus between PC and sig gen and show the commands and </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>data that are on the line. I know about the BUS MONITOR facility within VEE, </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>but this application is a bit different.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Regards,</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Dan Besgrove</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>dd_besgrove@hotmail.com</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>_________________________________________________________________</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at <A HREF="http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp" TARGET="_blank">http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp</A></FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>---------------------------------------------------------------------</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>This is the "vrf" maillist, managed by Majordomo.  To send messages to</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>this maillist, just email to "vrf@lvld.agilent.com".  Subscriptions and</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>unsubscriptions are done through the address "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>If you need details, just send a message containing the text "help"</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>to "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>---------------------------------------------------------------------</FONT></P></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes