AnsweredAssumed Answered

AW: vrf GPIB7 + 14?

Question asked by VRFuser on Oct 4, 2006
Same with me.
I sent this to agilent, and they know about it. But it is just a "cosmetic problem" so far. Just ignore the 14 and above...
If you want, you can also send this in the bug formular......

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: barrie birmingham [mailto:b.birmingham@newi.ac.uk]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2006 09:51
An: VRF
Betreff: [vrf] GPIB7 + 14?

You're right - I do not have any NI software or hardware installed. And the hard discs were reformatted and only XP Pro SP2, Libraries and VEE loaded. (All the GPIB cards are Agilent, some PCI and some USB/GPIB adapters)

Also - on some PC's the spurious GPIB14 appears inside VEE using Find Instruments, but not in the Agilent Connection Expert view....

------- Forwarded message follows -------  Just 14.2 has this special behavior...it is a "bug" ..will be changed i hope Normally 14 and 32 are adresses for NI instruments..
But as you do it on a clean XP, i do think you do not have NI  on your compu..

So lets wait and see,
detlef

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ronald Padua [mailto:ronald_padua@itron.com.sg]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2006 06:15
An: VRF
Betreff: RE: [vrf] GPIB7 + 14?

Hello Barrie,

You are using a GPIB interface from NI. Much about this had been discussed before and you may look at those past VRF postings for accurate answer. This is generally not a problem for as long you don't mix-up usage of instrument address from these two sets. What I usually do is stick on one set.

Regards.

Ronald

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 6:28 PM
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] GPIB7 + 14?

Just updated some pc's with a clean Windows XP install to VEE 7.51 + library14.2.

All work OK but now I see GPIB bus 7 with instruments (say 704, 712 etc) and another 'virtual?' set GPIB bus 14 with instruments 1404,1412 etc.

Simple question - Why?

Barrie Birmingham

------- End of forwarded message -------Barrie Birmingham b.birmingham@newi.ac.uk

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: Detlef.Baranski@pilkington.de To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

---
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

Outcomes