AnsweredAssumed Answered

AW: vrf Error 729 when trying to run a VXE file

Question asked by VRFuser on Sep 14, 2006
Try to rename it to perhaps test1.vxe 

The error list of VEE also said :

File format is invalid

So perhaps there is something wrong with the name of the program itself, or with the  name of a part within the program which is loaded.

I am not sure about c:program name.vxe -- has it to be c:programname.vxe ?  or "program name.vxe" 

detlef

_____  

Von: Jeffrey Scharpf [mailto:Jeffrey.Scharpf@milwaukeetool.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. September 2006 13:26
An: VRF
Betreff: [vrf] Error 729 when trying to run a VXE file

Hi everyone.
After creating a VEE program several years ago that was running just fine (can't remember what version of Vee it was created in, maybe 4 or 5).
I recently obtained a new PC (windows XP) and after installing VEE without errors, when I try to run the VXE I get VEE Runtime Error message

"File Format C:PROGRAM NAME.vxe is invalid" Error number 729.

I've opened Vee Pro (version 6 is my latest), then opened the source code without problems. I can run the program from within Vee without problems, but if I create a run time version (.vxe) and try to run it, I get the same error.

Is this related to Windows XP?

Any help is appreciated

Jeffrey M. Scharpf
Senior Engineering Technician
Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation
13135 West Lisbon Road, Brookfield, WI, 53005
262-783-8681
email: jeffrey.scharpf@milwaukeetool.com
http://www.v28power.com --- You are currently subscribed to vrf as: Detlef.Baranski@pilkington.de To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body. To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".
---

To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".  

Outcomes