AnsweredAssumed Answered

FW: vrf Windows 98 to Windows NT 2000

Question asked by eshaw on Nov 14, 2001
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12"><TITLE>FW: vrf Windows 98 to Windows NT 2000 </TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks for your help Dave and Mike.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Changing the admin printer settings to landscape is one of the things I may try. The other possibility is to have one login to be used for the station. I just don't quite understand yet why when a new user opens the .vxe software it sets up to the default settings even though I saved the settings I need into it. I'm guessing that if the Windows printer default is in portrait the VEE software's .vxe overrides the settings it was set to and the print magnification goes to the default of 75% because it knows it won't fit on the page in portrait.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Andersen Dave-P26278 [<A HREF="mailto:Dave.Andersen@gd-decisionsystems.com">mailto:Dave.Andersen@gd-decisionsystems.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 9:14 AM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: Shaw, Edward</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: RE: vrf Windows 98 to Windows NT 2000 </FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>Under Win2k, everyone has their own "personal settings".  In fact, under Vee 6, everyone has their own vee settings as well unless you save the vee settings into the file itself as you have done.  Changing the setting from the Admin account may do what you want.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Shaw, Edward [<A HREF="mailto:eshaw@comtechefdata.com">mailto:eshaw@comtechefdata.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 2:32 PM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: vrf@lvld.agilent.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: vrf Windows 98 to Windows NT 2000 </FONT></P><BR><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>My company's IT department and I just completed a changeover from Windows 98 to Windows NT 2000 Professional onto a test station with a new computer as well. We are running Novell Client for Windows 2000. I logged in using my username and I installed Vee Pro 6.01 and copied the backed up VEE test program previously running on Win98 with Vee Pro 6.01. I reconfigured all the instruments and the station ran OK. Then I created a runtime version selecting the Save colors and fonts with program option and Save I/O configuration with program option.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>I have run into a problem which I haven't solved yet. I have the Print Magnification In the Default preferences print setting set to 100% to correctly print out the station's data sheets. I also use the Print Setup which needs to be set to Landscape Orientation for the data sheets to printout correctly. The problem is after I have logged out and a station operator logs in and runs the station software, these settings go back to the Windows defaults of 75% Print magnification and Portrait Orientation. I then adjust the settings to correctly print the data sheets and save it. It works until a new user logs in and the settings go back to the default. </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>I am not very familiar with Windows 2000. How do I set it up to have the same settings for all users? </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Ed Shaw </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>ATE Design Engineer </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Comtech EFData Corporation </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>2114 West Seventh Street </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Tempe, Arizona 85281 </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Tel. 480-333-2107 </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Fax 480-333-2161 </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2><A HREF="mailto:eshaw@comtechefdata.com">mailto:eshaw@comtechefdata.com</A> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2><A HREF="http://www.comtechefdata.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.comtechefdata.com</A> |<A HREF="http://www.comtechefdata.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.comtechefdata.com</A>>  </FONT></P><BR></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes