AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf VEE, PDA's etc

Question asked by ashley on Mar 10, 2006
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi - Sorry to ask yet more questions !!!</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I have a product I am developing which I use a VEE program to interrogate the unit and display recorded parameters on AlphaNumeric displays. The product has either a PIC16F877 micro or 16F627 and transmits data to either an RS232 port on the PC or USB (using Prolific serial /USB converter).</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I am using VEE 5.01. Although the RunTime version is very small size and the VEE RunTime program is easy to install by a customer, the setting up of the PC com port is a real pain because the Agilent IO libraries have to be installed and configured, which is beyond the capability of some of my customers. Any ideas how I can communicate with COM1 on the PC without having to use the Agilent I/O libraries, without infringing  on licencing agreement problems.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I would also like to have an application above on a PDA but I know this is not possible with VEE. There is an NI LabView APP to do this, I believe but it looks very expensive, just to buy the Software package. Anyone out there doing a similar thing and if so what do you use to write the code?</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to<BR>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes