AnsweredAssumed Answered

AW: vrf - AxtiveX Question

Question asked by VRFuser on Apr 5, 2006
Something seems to be **** slow these days, especially if there is embedded data....
Again now just the text only...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Baranski, Detlef
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. April 2006 12:52
An: 'Dykema, Jim-P14701'; VRF
Betreff: AW: [vrf] - AxtiveX Question

Okay, you are using V7.5- great.
What you have to keep in mind is, that all activeX calls that are not in the excellib-menu are referenced to xlApp.
So if you copy the excel macro just enhance the  xlApp in front of them, and it will work ( sometimes.,.,,) There have to be some changes in the word activex, too.
You forgot to do a ()  for the selection.paste .... In these cases you have to look in the device menu for the proper activeX syntax...

Hope the sample helps you to get beyond...
< Datei: Chart.xls >>  < Datei: V75excelgraph2word.vee >>

best regards,
detlef

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dykema, Jim-P14701 [mailto:Jim.Dykema@gdc4s.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 13. März 2006 20:59
An: VRF
Betreff: [vrf] - AxtiveX Question

I am trying to copy a embedded chart from Excel and pasting it to Word.  I recorded the following macro in Excel and pasted it into VEE.  I get the error message that "Variable was not found: ActiveSheet".  I have the Microsoft Office Excel 9.0 Object Library selected under ActiveX Automation References. What am I missing?

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate; ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select; ActiveChart.ChartArea.Copy

Jim Dykema

GENERAL DYNAMICS
8201 E. McDowell Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85257

Phone: (480) 675-2104
FAX: (480) 441-3625
Pager Numeric: (877) 526-7062
Pager Text: 8775267062@skytel.com
Email: jim.dykema@gdc4s.com

---
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

Outcomes