AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Reading Dos Command Window

Question asked by VRFuser on Mar 23, 2006
Greetings VRF,

I’m trying to finish up my first gig as a contractor and I’m stuck trying to get trace data from an Anritsu 37397C network analyzer. It outputs the data in what the manual calls “arbitrary block†, which boils down to a giant string of ASCII characters where the values are separated by commas. I’ve tried just about every method of reading the data. I started by trying to read “BINBLOCK† 2D array, since I need two values for each point on the trace (amplitude and phase). When I do this, I get the 2D array, but most of the values show up as zeros. The first part of the transmission is a header telling me how many characters are contained in the output string. Using this information I was able to download the whole string by reading in “CHAR FORMAT† using the appropriate number of characters. Now I’m trying to find a relatively simple way of separating out the values and saving the data in a meaningful way.

One thing I noticed in the manual today is that there is an “enhanced ASCII† formatting mode that replaces the separating commas with linefeeds. I don’t know if this will help me, but it’s worth a try.

The other problem is: I won’t have access to the analyzer until tomorrow (Friday).

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance,

Doug Rudrow

dBRF Test Solutions

HYPERLINK "mailto:dbrudrow@sbcglobal.net"dbrudrow@sbcglobal.net

---

To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".  

Outcomes