AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Error 979 solution (?)

Question asked by VRFuser on Mar 14, 2006
Shawn et al,

As suggested, I compared the state information between a good copy and one that has problems - there are no differences. A simplified version of my application has a state number of 640 #H and the normal version, which has a strip chart background picture, has a state number of 465233.  These numbers don't change between "good" and "bad" versions.

Barrie

Shawn wrote:
I have one more suggestion, given that now you know it's basically a corrupt data problem. Compare state information from the good copy with that from the bad copy. This will be found in the .vee file and it looks something like this:

(device 3 ACTIVEXCONTROL
   (properties
     (name "Libs, Classes & Functions")
     (variableName "gtv")
     (objectType "MSComctlLib.TreeView")
   )
   (implementation
     (license 37 #H <some license bytes>)
     (state 128 #H <state information bytes>)
   )
)

The number after state indicates how many bytes are in the data, two chars for each byte. If it has to do with corrupt string data, you'll probably find a missing 0 byte. I suppose there are several other possibilities too.

---
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

Outcomes