AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf IO to gpib address determined at runtime

Question asked by g.nied on Feb 25, 2003
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New">Ed,</DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New"> </DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New">why don't you just add an 'address' controlinput pin on your IO object and then feed the new address to it? This willchange all IO boxes refering to that instrument.</DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New"> </DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New"><DIV>        Georg Nied<BR>  Software-Development<BR>Hansestr.7 - 51149Cologne<BR>        Germany<BR> Mail: <Ahref="mailto:info@gn-software.de">info@gn-software.de</A></DIV></DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt Courier New"> </DIV><BLOCKQUOTEstyle="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">  <TABLE  style="BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #efefef; FONT: 10pt Arial; COLOR: black; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #efefef; BORDER-BOTTOM: #efefef 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #efefef"  cellSpacing=0 cols=2 cellPadding=0 width="99%" bgColor=#dfdfdf border=0>    <TBODY>    <TR borderColor=#dfdfdf borderColorLight=#dfdfdf bgColor=#dfdfdf>      <TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px"      width=120>        <DIV style="FONT: bold 9pt Arial">Original        Message      </DIV></TD>      <TD align=right>        <DIV style="FONT: 8pt Arial"><STRONG><FONT color=#808080> processed        by Tobit InfoCenter</FONT></STRONG> </DIV></TD></TR>    <TR style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px" bgColor=#efefef>      <TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px" width=80 bgColor=#efefef>        <DIV style="FONT: bold 9pt Arial">Subject: </DIV></TD>      <TD bgColor=#efefef><FONT face=Arial,Helvetica><FONT size=-1>[vrf] IO to        gpib address determined at runtime (26-Feb-2003    15:42)</FONT></FONT></TD></TR>    <TR style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px" bgColor=#efefef>      <TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px" width=80 bgColor=#efefef>        <DIV style="FONT: bold 9pt Arial">From:    </DIV></TD>      <TD bgColor=#efefef><FONT face=Arial,Helvetica><FONT size=-1><A        href="mailto:E.Cernek@motorola.com">E.Cernek@motorola.com</A></FONT></FONT></TD></TR>    <TR style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px" bgColor=#efefef>      <TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 4px" width=80 bgColor=#efefef>        <DIV        style="FONT: bold 9pt Arial">To:      </DIV></TD>      <TD><FONT face=Arial,Helvetica><FONT size=-1><A        href="mailto:vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com">vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com</A></FONT></FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=116483014-26022003>Hello  VRF'ers.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN  class=116483014-26022003></SPAN></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=116483014-26022003>I want to load a  waveform file into an Agilent E4438C signal generator via gpib. I have a Vee  program that does it. However, I want to distribute a runtime version of the  program and I need to be able to set the gpib address at runtime. I don't see  a way to set the gpib address of an IO transaction at runtime. I need to use a  universal IO environment, such as VISA, because the various computers  that may use the program may use gpib boards from a variety of  vendors.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN  class=116483014-26022003></SPAN></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=116483014-26022003>Can I do this with  Vee (in a reasonable way)?</SPAN></FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN  class=116483014-26022003></SPAN></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=116483014-26022003>Thanks,  Ed.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN  class=116483014-26022003></SPAN></FONT> </DIV>---<BR>You are currently  subscribed to vrf as: g.nied@gn-software.de<BR>To subscribe send a blank email  to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to  "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing  list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes