AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf PNA N5230A

Question asked by VRFuser on May 4, 2006
Latest reply on May 4, 2006 by VRFuser
There's a lot of good info in the programming section of the PNA help file, which you can find online or download to your PC from here:
http://na.tm.agilent.com/pna/help/index.html

Joel

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:14 AM
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] PNA N5230A

VRF,
     I use VBA in Excel to communicate with network analyzers (8753, E5071B, etc.) Generally I install the IntuiLink toolbars, follow examples that are installed with them, and go from there. I have a program that gets the active channel, number of traces, trace data, and then makes the plots in Excel. This works for the 8753 and ENA. However, I have been asked to add the PNA as an option and am having trouble finding examples. Here is a small code snippet that works with the 8753.

VNA.Output ("CHAN" & z & ";" & Sgood & ";")
        Pause 1
        VNA.GetFormattedData z, vFrequency, vData
        iSweepPoints = VNA.Measure.SenseSweepPoints(z)     

Has anyone used VBA to communicate with PNAs, if so do you know where there is a good sample program I can run? Also, I am doing this via an HPIB card. Thanks!!!

Brian Bauer
Test Engineer

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: joel_dunsmore@agilent.com To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

---
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

Outcomes