AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf DDE vs Sockets

Question asked by VRFuser on Jan 29, 2002
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hello!</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Well, I am (still) trying to develop a VEE application that interacts with a C++ application running simultaneously in the same computer. I am using VEE 5.01 under NT4 SP6.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I have tried with the To/From Socket and the To/From DDE objects and both of them have given me good results, but I can't determine which method is better. I think that DDE is far more solid, but I can't prove it. Anyone has any comment on that? It'd be welcome.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>    Fermn Zabalegui Sanz (IIT - Madrid)</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes