AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf VRF ActiveX and Windows NT

Question asked by VRFuser on Oct 7, 2002
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type><META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff leftMargin=5 style="FONT: 10pt Courier New" topMargin=5><DIV><FONT face=Arial>Hello Thomas</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial>The Excel version on the WinNT machine probably has a different version number.</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial>I have found that ActiveX References are not always required.  They help when creating programs.  You could try un-ticking the reference in the Menu "Devices>ActiveX Automation references" and recompile the code.  This should work, I've done it before.</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial>If that fails, you could launch excel and use the "GetObject".  I've never used this.</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial>Hope this helps.</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial>Andrew Fudge</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial>Genesys IBS</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>  <DIV   style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>   <A href="mailto:tw@huber-online.com"   title=tw@huber-online.com>tw@huber-online.com</A> </DIV>  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A   href="mailto:vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com"   title=vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com>VEE vrf</A> </DIV>  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, October 08, 2002 12:34   PM</DIV>  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] VRF ActiveX and Windows   NT</DIV>  <DIV><BR></DIV>  <DIV>VRF</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Hello,</DIV>  <DIV>I wrote a excel activex routine with windows 98 and it will do.</DIV>  <DIV>Then I start it with windows NT, the system message, that he   couldn't load the avtive x reference: activex conference control and Microsoft   Excel 9 object library.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>I know that I must copy asctrls.ocx, axbndry.ocx, axcred.ocx,   axdialup.ocx, axnds.ocx, axprf.ocx, axscript.ocx, plugin.ocx, msadomd.dll,   msado20.tlb, msado15.dll, msador15.dll, scrrun.dll, excel8.olb in the library   C:winntsystem32.</DIV>  <DIV>And after it activate with the command regsvr32.</DIV>  <DIV>The PC can't activate the msado20.tlb and excel8.olb !??</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Please help.</DIV>  <DIV>Best regards</DIV>  <DIV>Thomas Walter</DIV>  <DIV>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as:   AndrewF@genesysibs.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to   "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to   "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,   email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing   list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". </DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.<BR>Checked by AVG   anti-virus system (<A   href="http://www.grisoft.com">http://www.grisoft.com</A>).<BR>Version: 6.0.394   / Virus Database: 224 - Release Date: 03/10/02</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes