AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Using the ToolHelp library: Upgrade 4

Question asked by VRFuser on Sep 10, 2002
>> control a robot arm

>Cool stuff! Watch out for servos though. Never enable the output amps without checking and gaining control of *everything*. You can get >the most interesting looks on people's faces when something goes wrong...

This is pretty cool! This gadget is a Epson Industrial Robot, capable of applying a lethal force to human head (breaking bones if hit elsewhere), when it runs with 100% speed and 100% acceleration!!! And you can actually tweak it to go up to 150% on both. Well then the table (500kg) starts walk out the door with the robot attached due the vibration, but anyway

But naturally we run this with only 40% and safety areas programmed to robot controller (not by-passable from the Vee program)...

>Use User32.GetAsyncKeyState to read the state of any key on the keyboard. User32.GetKeyboardState returns the state of all keys >simultaneously. The function is documented at:

>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en->us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/keyboardinput/keyboardinputreference/keyboardinputfunctions/getasynckeystate.asp

>Sorry about that! It's a huge URL. In the mean time, the attached VEE program simply monitors the state of the keys you mentioned. The only >problem I can see with this technique is that VEE still responds to the keystrokes (PgUp / PgDn cause the development environment to cruise >accordingly). Maybe that's not such a big deal for a finished app though.

Thanks for this, I also look thru that MS DB, but it was bit overwhelming. If the PgUp/PgDn gives too much trouble, I guess I can use other keys, now that I have an example of how to do it.

I give it a try in a day or two and if I am still in one piece, let you know what happened.

Thanks again,

Tapio

Ø¢yË«+.n+}("&N.n+zwZnV隊[h:"XW(Ӣ칻 &Þ±iZGj)m^jl+j z{r:,zwfz -bf)+-隊_bÚ‚)^Ü¢o!wv  ^x%lzwZ,j 0l+j z{r

Outcomes