AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Can't get ActiveX control to work.

Question asked by Brandon on Sep 7, 2006
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2963" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=userInput><SPAN class=663101012-08092006><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>A really silly question, but have you tried registering the ocx directly?</FONT></SPAN></SPAN></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=userInput><SPAN class=663101012-08092006><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN></SPAN> </DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=userInput><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>REGSVR32.EXE |<SPAN class=663101012-08092006>directory the ocx is found in</SPAN>>COMCTL32.OCX </FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=2>T<SPAN class=663101012-08092006>he above command _should_ work from any command prompt on a WindowsNT (XP, 2000) platform.</SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=2><SPAN class=663101012-08092006><SPAN class=663101012-08092006><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Regsvr32 should reside in the system or system32 directory; and  you will require admin rights to install.</FONT></SPAN></SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=2><SPAN class=663101012-08092006><SPAN class=663101012-08092006></SPAN></SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=2><SPAN class=663101012-08092006><SPAN class=663101012-08092006>If you're still having problems,  ComEXPLORER (<A href="http://www.4developers.com/com/index.htm">http://www.4developers.com/com/index.htm</A>) is one of the most essential tools I've come across for ActiveX and Library issues; if memory serves you can even get a demo version for free (30 days I think) so you can fix the problem in the meantime, if you don't find a need to purchase it.  You can deregister and reregister easily from there.</SPAN></SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=2><SPAN class=663101012-08092006><SPAN class=663101012-08092006></SPAN></SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=2><SPAN class=663101012-08092006><SPAN class=663101012-08092006>As to permission to distribute, Microsoft offer the file on the their support pages (<A href="http://support.microsoft.com/?id=167121">http://support.microsoft.com/?id=167121</A>).</SPAN></SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV><DIV><BR></DIV><DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=en-us dir=ltr align=left><HR tabIndex=-1><FONT face=Tahoma size=2><B>From:</B> yarien@eu.eccosorb.com [mailto:yarien@eu.eccosorb.com] <BR><B>Sent:</B> 08 September 2006 11:38<BR><B>To:</B> VRF<BR><B>Cc:</B> VRF<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: [vrf] Can't get ActiveX control to work.<BR></FONT><BR></DIV><DIV></DIV><BR><FONT face=sans-serif size=2>I had this problem ones whit mscomm32;ocx and have found this text on it, it is for VB:</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT face=sans-serif size=2>For me the registry key solved my problem so maybe you will have to look for the required key for </FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>COMCTL32.OCX</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT face=sans-serif size=2><BR>Yoeri Arien<BR>Microwave engineer<BR>Emerson & Cuming MWP<BR>Nijverheidstraat 7a<BR>2260 Westerlo<BR>Belgium<BR>(Phone) +32 14562547<BR>(Fax) +32 14562507<BR>yarien@eu.eccosorb.com<BR>www.eccosorb.com<BR><BR>This e-mail message, including any attachments transmitted with it, is CONFIDENTIAL. This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you should not read, copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use this information. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and delete it from your system. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed and it may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, for which we accept no liability.</FONT> <BR><BR><BR><TABLE width="100%">  <TBODY>  <TR vAlign=top>    <TD width="40%"><FONT face=sans-serif size=1><B>"Healy, Declan"       |healyd@tycoelectronics.com></B> </FONT>      <P><FONT face=sans-serif size=1>08/09/2006 12:12</FONT>       <TABLE border=1>        <TBODY>        <TR vAlign=top>          <TD bgColor=white>            <DIV align=center><FONT face=sans-serif size=1>Please respond             to<BR>"Healy, Declan"         |healyd@tycoelectronics.com></FONT></DIV></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR></P>    <TD width="59%">      <TABLE width="100%">        <TBODY>        <TR>          <TD>            <DIV align=right><FONT face=sans-serif size=1>To</FONT></DIV>          <TD vAlign=top><FONT face=sans-serif size=1>VRF             |vrf@agilent.com></FONT>         <TR>          <TD>            <DIV align=right><FONT face=sans-serif size=1>cc</FONT></DIV>          <TD vAlign=top>        <TR>          <TD>            <DIV align=right><FONT face=sans-serif size=1>Subject</FONT></DIV>          <TD vAlign=top><FONT face=sans-serif size=1>[vrf] Can't get ActiveX             control to work.</FONT></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR>      <TABLE>        <TBODY>        <TR vAlign=top>          <TD>          <TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR><BR><BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi,</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>            I am having a problem getting an ActiveX control to work in a program. I want to use the Listview feature that is shown in the ActiveX control examples in VEE. To do this I had to put the COMCTL32.OCX ActiveX control into the following directory C:WindowsSystem32 which I downloaded this control from Microsoft. I then imported it from the ActiveX Control Reference by selecting ‘</FONT><FONT face=Arial size=1>Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0(SP2)’. I could now see the ActiveX controls, but when I selected Listview and dropped it into the VEE workspace I got the following error.</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1> </FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial color=blue size=1>ActiveX object could not be created.</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial color=blue size=1>Error Number: 557</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial color=blue size=1>System Error Code: 0x80040112</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial color=blue size=1>System Error Message: Class is not licensed for use.</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial color=blue size=1>The ActiveX control is not licensed for use on this machine.</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1> </FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1> </FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1>Below is the text of what the error means:</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1> </FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1> </FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial color=blue size=1>If the ActiveX object indicates an error code of 0x80040112, then the control is licensed. This error can appear if the licensed control is not installed properly. When the full control package is installed properly, a license exists that lets you create an instance of the control when developing a VEE program. VEE requests a license key from the control and saves this key with your VEE program. This method lets you distribute a copy of the control’s file with your program to one or more target computers. VEE presents this key to the control on a target computer, allowing VEE to create an instance of the control.<BR><BR>This error message can appear if you try to use the control on target computers. You cannot use the control to create new programs, and you cannot clone or copy/paste the control in an existing program. Remember, the control is not licensed on the target computer for you to use; the license key only allows VEE to reference the control. You must purchase and install the full control package.</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1> </FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1> </FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1>I have installed it with full Administration rights and I have rebooted my PC. I have even ensured that the control is recognized by my PC by running C:WindowsSystem32
egsvr32.exe COMCTL32.OCX.</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1>My system is running WindowsXP and I have VEE version 7.52 installed.</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1> </FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1>I have asked Agilent about installing (purchasing) a full control package such as Microsoft Visual Basic or Microsoft Visual C++ etc, but they believe that I would not have to. They are puzzled by my problem as well.</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1> </FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1>Has anyone got an idea about this?</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1> </FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1>Thanks,</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=1>Declan</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT> <BR><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3> </FONT> <P><FONT size=3><BR>--- <BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: yarien@eu.eccosorb.com <BR>To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body. <BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to <BR>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/". </FONT><P>--- You are currently subscribed to %%list.name%% as: %%emailaddr%% To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body. To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".</P><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to<BR>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes