AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error handling of SICL errors.

Question asked by jcmartin on Jun 6, 2002
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2002 by jcmartin
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><TITLE>vrf: Error handling of SICL errors.</TITLE><META content="MSHTML 5.50.4915.500" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV><FONT face=Verdana color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=704490013-06062002>I am not enough sure, but may be, it is due you have received to much data on your buffer port before read it. It is possible?</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Verdana color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=704490013-06062002></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Verdana color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=704490013-06062002>Reagrds,</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Verdana color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=704490013-06062002></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><BLOCKQUOTE>  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma   size=2>-----Mensaje original-----<BR><B>De:</B> Stuart Roberts   [mailto:Stuart.Roberts@siemens-datatrak.com]<BR><B>Enviado el:</B> mircoles,   05 de junio de 2002 15:20<BR><B>Para:</B> Vee Reflector   (E-mail)<BR><B>Asunto:</B> vrf: Error handling of SICL   errors.<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>  <P><FONT size=2>Hi All,</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>This Vee 6.1 thread has produced some really interesting   discussions, I just hope the marketing people at Aglient are   listening......but somehow I don't think they are.!!</FONT></P>  <P><FONT size=2>Well to the real problem;</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>I have a test program that listens to serial data coming in on   COM2 using direct I/O, I get a problem when the buffer gets full and Vee bombs   out with an Red Box of death as follows;</FONT></P>  <P><FONT size=2>--I/O error or timeout occurred SICL call made with bad   parameter</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>--Unable to set receive buffer size of 4096   bytes</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>--In transaction number 1</FONT> <BR><FONT   size=2>--Error number 811</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>Does anyone out there know of a way of trapping SICL errors   such as the above???  and also any other solutions/suggestions </FONT></P>  <P><FONT size=2>Best regards,</FONT> </P><BR>  <P><FONT size=2>Stuart Roberts </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>Validation Analyst   </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>Siemens Datatrak Location & Information Systems   Ltd </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>Wiltshire House, </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>County   Park, </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>Swindon, </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>WILTS.   </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>SN1 2NR </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>t                   :       +44(1793)508315 </FONT><BR><FONT   size=2>f                 :         +44(1793)500119 </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>e                 :         stuart.roberts@siemens-datatrak.com </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>www               :         www.siemens-datatrak.com   </FONT></P><BR>---------------------------------------------------------------------   This is the "vrf" maillist, managed by Majordomo. To send messages to this   maillist, just email to "vrf@lvld.agilent.com". Subscriptions and   unsubscriptions are done through the address "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".   If you need details, just send a message containing the text "help" to   "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".   --------------------------------------------------------------------- </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes